While summer nights are fun, I certainly miss the cooler temperatures that autumn has to offer. Instead of hiding out in the air conditioning during the day, we can be a bit more active. This is why fall dates are my favorite! Not only is time for back to school, but it also brings more normalcy to our everyday routine. Children are back in school, college classes are back on, and we can get back to planning date nights more frequently! Whether you’re a spontaneous type of dater or someone who likes to schedule them ahead of time, here is a list of fun (and hopefully not lame!) date night ideas!
1. Go painting. Book a session at your local BYOB painting studio! Or, grab some canvases and paint together at home. Maybe your creations will add some color to the walls of your home.
2. Take a ghost tour. Look into a walking ghost tour or some kind of haunted hayride. These are cheesy, but they can be scary too!
3. Go fruit picking. Whether it’s apples or blueberries, this is the kind of day date that is too much fun. Talk while you pick and go home to use your findings! Bake a pie together, blend up some fruit into a smoothie, or learn how to can!
4. Plan a picnic. Pack simple tapas for a sweet picnic in the park. Madison has some super cute picnic ideas!
5. Sample new beers at a craft brewery. Buy a flight at your local brewery and give them a try. If you don’t drink, you could swap this idea with fresh juices at Whole Foods or your local smoothie shop! You could also sample different yogurts with fruity toppings.
6. Stargazing. This one is a classic, but it works. Look for a dark area or head out onto a dock!
7. Shuffleboard. I’m not even kidding. My old city used to have a shuffleboard league. It’s a silly game that is a lot of fun.
8. Cooking class. Book a class to learn how to cook together better. Sometimes your local grocery store will have them or there will be a cooking school in town.
9. Start a bonfire. Not only can you reduce the paper clutter in your home, but you can roast marshmallows!
10. Go tailgating. Whether it’s a professional team or just a local game, party in the parking lot!
11. Explore a corn maze.
12. Make your own beer or mulled wine. Try to brew your own beverages. We brewed beer before, and that was certainly a fun day!
13. Set up an outdoor movie. Bring a big blanket or find a clear wall. Use a projector to display the show.
14. Go camping. Since it’s not so hot, the idea of sleeping outside is way more enjoyable.
15. Look for a bar crawl. Our town hosts monthly bar and restaurant crawls with a theme. From bacon night to craft beer night, there always seems to be something. See what your city offers or your local restaurant district.
16. Go geocaching. Treasure hunting from your phone! Download the app and use your phone’s GPS to unearth different items that users have hidden.
17. Browse a bookstore. Order a delicious drink from the coffee shop inside and browse your local bookstore. Some of my favorite bookstores have closed, and the nearest one is about twenty minutes away! Enjoy your bookstore if you are lucky enough to have one nearby.
18. Create a RAOK. Yes, a RAOK! A random act of kindness is something spontaneous that you can do to help someone or surprise them. Whether it’s buying them a coffee in the drive-thru line or sharing a hot meal to someone who needs it, think of sweet ideas that you can do together to brighten someone’s day.
19. Try zip lining. See if there are any high ropes courses in your area. These are so much fun!
20. Get on the water. Whether it’s a kayak or a paddle board, look for a unique way to explore your town. One of my friends recently rode a water bike through her downtown!
21. Host your very own brunch for two. Mix together mimosas and create unique omelets. It’s nice to have a fun and lazy morning! Sleep in, enjoy a big breakfast, and relax!
22. Stay up late and enjoy midnight ice cream.
23. Try boba tea. Do you have a tea cafe in your city? Go try something new!
24. Visit an ice skating rink. When was the last time you went ice skating?
25. Fly kites. Fly kites at the park or on the beach!
26. Make a farmer’s market run. This isn’t just an errand, it’s a fun morning date. Grab coffee, sample fruits and see what people are selling.
27. Write up your own date bucket list. Ask your partner to write up their list of ten dates they want to do. Write up a list of your ideal ten dates and plan them all!
28. Host a zombie movie marathon.
29. Whip up a batch of s’mores. You can make these in the microwave in a pinch! Go “glamping” in your backyard.
30. Bake cupcakes to decorate. Sprinkles, frosting, and candy.
31. Give each other $10 gifts. Head to your favorite store and split up. Surprise each other with sweet or seriously wacky gifts.
32. Bake your own pizzas. You can even grill them for a fun afternoon activity! I love this fajita pizza recipe.
33. Polaroid party. Buy a retro camera and take actual photos! Get them developed at your local photo developing store or get a camera that instantly prints out your pics!
34. Crash a hotel pool. Don’t actually trespass of course, but head to a hotel. Order a cocktail or have dinner at their poolside bar. Jump in the pool. Repeat.
35. Write up a list of 12 restaurants that you have never been to. Go to one a month.
36. Sing karaoke. Be brave. Sing a duet or watch others get silly on stage.
37. Go see a minor league game. Whether it’s baseball or arena football, attend a cheap game! There are always special promotions to bring guests into the game.
38. Chase daylight. Stay up late and watch the sunrise!
39. Gamble. Whether it’s a casino or a horse racing track, place a bet!
40. Take a class together. My city has language classes (anyone want to learn German?), yoga, raku clay, and more.
41. Ride go carts.
42. Go on a hot air balloon ride. Wake up early and fly in the sky!
43. Find an arcade for an epic skee-ball battle. Grab your quarters for a night at the arcade.
44. Have drinks and listen to live music. Bonus points if it’s a new band that you’ve never heard of before!
45. Go on a cupcake crawl. Hop around to a few dessert bars in your area.
46. Ride a bike to the bar. Leave your car at home and travel around your town (if you can!) by bicycle!
47. Go on a nature hunt. If you’re in my area, you’re searching for shells. If not, take a nature hike. Look for birds, butterflies, or bugs.
48. Try sushi. Have an authentic sushi night. Roll your own and use chopsticks!
49. Plan a comedy night. Hit your local comedy club for some laughs. Or go on open mic night and get on stage!
50. Make your own board games. Melissa Creates shows you how to make a DIY checker board. Make your own chess or checker board using her instructions together. Host your own game night afterward.
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World: How to Plan Your First Trip - August 17, 2018
- Elena of Avalor Printables: The Realm of the Jaquins DVD - August 14, 2018
- Disney Pajamas For Kids: Disney Sleep Hotline - August 13, 2018