Plan a family game night party with these ideas!
Family game night is a budget-friendly way to enjoy time together. It can be hard to pick a game that everyone will like that is age-appropriate for everyone in your family. So, here are a few ideas to help you pick at least one game that everyone will love!
Board Games For Families
1. Watch Ya Mouth Throwdown Edition Card Game. One of the most popular games of 2018 has undoubtedly been this Watch Ya Mouth Throwdown Edition Card Game. Designed to be played by 3-10 players, this hilarious game shows no signs of slowing down in popularity. The goal is to wear a mouth retractor while attempting to read what’s on a card. Your teammates then have to guess what you are saying. Get it right and your team wins points. The game comes with 143 phrases, suitable for children aged 8 and over.
2. Catan. If you prefer strategic based games, you’ll love Catan. Simple and straightforward to learn, this board game has become one of the most addictive family games on the market. It’s even won the “Game of the Century” award. Designed for 3-4 players, each game lasts around an hour and it offers excellent replay value. The goal is to help your settlers tame the Catan isle. Throughout the game you’ll reveal the regions and harbors of the isle, acquire resources and develop your settlement. This is done via trading with other players, lucky dice or cards.
3. USAopoly Clue Harry Potter Game. If you love “whodunnit” games and Harry Potter, you’ll love this USAopoly Clue Harry Potter game. Your goal is to solve the mystery behind a student’s disappearance at the famous Hogwarts school. Each player gets to play as one of the Harry Potter characters. Along the way, you’ll need to figure out who did it, what item or spell they used, and where the missing student was attacked. This is a game the entire family will enjoy playing. It’s designed for children aged 9 and over and requires a minimum of 3 players.
4. Mattel Games Blink – The World’s Fastest Game! Sometimes as a family, you just want a game you can play quickly. You don’t want to spend hours learning the ropes, you just want quick, fun gameplay. That’s where this Mattel Games Blink card game comes in useful. Known as the World’s fastest game, players are required to match the color, shape or number of the cards on either 1 or 2 different piles. You’ll be competing head-to-head with another player and the goal is to eliminate all of the cards in your draw pile.
5. Dragonwood A Game of Dice & Daring Board Game. If your family loves strategy-based games, they’ll love playing this Dragonwood A Game of Dice & Daring. This game isn’t just super-fun, it also teaches your kids more about math and probability. The goal of the game is to capture numerous creatures. On each go, the player can choose whether to draw a card or attempt to capture a creature or gain an enhancement. Initially, it looks like there is a lot to learn about the game. However, the instructions provided make it simple for even young children to understand.
6. Forbidden Island Card Game. Forbidden Island Card Game has been popular for many years and it shows no signs of slowing down. It actually won the Mensa Favorite Brainy Games award in 2010 and it features a playing time of approximately 30 minutes. In order to play, it’s going to take strategic thinking, cooperation and problem-solving. You need to work as a team to capture sacred treasure on the forbidden island. The island gradually sinks with each turn so the goal is to find the treasures together before going down with the island.
7. Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride. If you’re looking for a game with a lot of replay value, Days of Wonder Ticket to Ride is a perfect choice. It’s dubbed as one of the most popular specialty games on the market and it provides from 30-60 minutes of gameplay per session. The goal is to make your way around the board, collecting and playing matching cards in order to claim different railway routes. It celebrates Phileas Fogg’s Around the World in 80 Days feat. Each player has to try and travel by rail to as many different cities across North America as they can in 7 days. It’s a beginner strategy based game which is sure to be enjoyed by young and old alike.
8. Castle Panic. Looking for the perfect game for board-game beginners? Castle panic from Fireside Games is the perfect starter game for the entire family. One of the few on the list that can also be played alone, it’s designed for players aged 10 and over. The goal is to protect your castle against monsters. You win by having one tower remaining and all monsters slayed. If playing as a family, you’ll be working cooperatively, rather than against each other. What’s truly unique about this game is the fact you can customize the rules for different game variations.
9. Forbidden Desert Board Game. The second forbidden board game to feature on the list, this Desert variation is another co-operative game. Players need to work together in order to recover a legendary flying machine which has been buried within the ruins of an ancient city in the desert. As it is one of the later Forbidden games, it does incorporate new features. One of the most unique is the fact that the board is ever changing. It is challenging, yet easy to grasp. You’ll find yourself dying frequently, and you need to come up with a strategy in order to try and beat the game. It’s a fantastic family game for those seeking a non-competitive option. If you’ve played any of the other Forbidden games, you’re sure to love this one too.
10. Ravensburger Labyrinth Board Game for Kids and Adults. Finally, we have the Ravensburger Labyrinth board game for kids and adults. Easy yet fun to play, the game is designed for 2-4 players, aged 8 and over. It’s an action-packed game in which you need to find characters and objects in an ever-changing maze. The winner is the player who manages to make it back to the starting square after collecting all of their characters and objects.
Plan a family game night with these party ideas and stock up on Dollar Tree snacks and decor. Having an adults only game night? Host a “wine” night in and play games together. I’d love to hear how your family enjoys board games. Do you host parties or play competitively?
- Amazing Products You Can Use to Make Baking a Breeze - December 5, 2022
- The Benefits of Ozone Generator Machines - December 4, 2022
- Olive Oil For Weight Loss – How To Use Olive Oil For Fat Burning - December 2, 2022