You could basically put anything on top of warm buttery popcorn, and I would eat it. Whether it’s pretzel popcorn with candies or perhaps peanut butter popcorn, I like to transform a simple snack into something a bit more decadent. My son is also ALL about popcorn nowadays, so this is an easy recipe to share with him. Not only does he like to eat it, but he enjoys “decorating” the popcorn with sprinkles and other candy.
This recipe can be made in double or even triple. Serve or store in an airtight container. You can even share this with a classroom! I’m already envisioning colorful springtime treats for school or a sports team. I like to use the purple and pink candy melts from Wilton (easily found at Walmart!) along with pretzels and special Easter sprinkles.
Use large baking sheets lined with parchment paper to cover your popped popcorn with the melted candy melts along with pretzels and sprinkles. Toss to coat and enjoy!
- 10 C. popped popcorn
- 12 oz Wilton purple or pink chocolate candy melts
- 1-2 packages of easter nonpareils like those pictured
- 1 1/2 C. pretzel pieces, broken
- 1/4 C. Easter sprinkles
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into a microwavable safe dish and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the 10 cups of popcorn and broken pretzel pieces into a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Gently stir the chocolate into the popcorn coating it all. Sprinkle with Easter sprinkles.
- Pour the mixture out onto the baking sheets and evenly spread it out and then sprinkle with some extra Easter sprinkles and Easter nonpareils.
- Let the popcorn set for 20-30 minutes and then gently break apart the pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Look for nonpareils like those pictured at craft stores such as Joann Fabrics or your local grocery store's easter section.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 698Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 6gSugar: 50gProtein: 10g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.