I used to live in a town where St. Patrick’s Day felt like the biggest holiday of the year. From green beer to festivals and parades, it was a week-long affair! While I don’t live in that city anymore, I do like to celebrate the seasons as they come. From simple recipes to DIY crafts, I like to enjoy all of the holidays year after year with my family. The last time we truly celebrated St. Patrick’s Day I was pregnant and my husband competed in an epic cabbage bowling match. This year? My little one is old enough to understand why all of our food will be green and just exactly why chocolate gold coins are in his lunchbox. Here is a fun and easy pretzel popcorn snack that is just another way to celebrate March 17th.
Make a batch of these easy green pretzel popcorn! It’s a simple St. Patrick’s Day snack recipe! You will need popcorn (you can pop yours fresh OR if you’re watching what you’re eating try SkinnyPop or another brand of olive oil popcorn), green chocolate candy melts, sprinkles, M&Ms, and pretzels.
This is SO easy to make and share since the popcorn will taste good for a few days when stored in an airtight container. You could also consider making a few batches in small bags to share at school or work. Make sure to have baking sheets and parchment paper handy!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 12 oz Wilton green chocolate candy melts
- Green & white St. patty's day sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel pieces, broken
- 3/4 cups mint chocolate M&M's
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into a microwavable safe dish and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the 10 cups of popcorn into a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Gently stir the chocolate into the popcorn coating it all.
- Add in the pretzel pieces and mint M&M's and continue to stir gently
- Pour the popcorn out onto the baking sheets and evenly spread it out. Sprinkle with a few extra mint M&M's if you would like.
- Let the popcorn set for 20-30 minutes and then gently break apart the pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 931Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 496mgCarbohydrates: 111gFiber: 6gSugar: 78gProtein: 13g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Make sure to stop by and print off this St. Patrick’s Day Bucket List to help you celebrate!
- Planning To Sell Your Home Soon? Here Are The Important Steps You Need To Do First - April 22, 2021
- How To Get Back On Track After Suffering From An Injury - April 22, 2021
- Mistakes to Avoid When Waterproofing Your Basement - April 22, 2021