The candy hearts have been eaten and the pink and red streamers have come down. Right? It’s time to think about celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, and I’m definitely all about this one. Not only does March 17th remind me of spring and big green hats, but I’ve always had a great time enjoying this holiday with friends and family. To get ready for spring, try this pot of gold play dough recipe!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of table salt
- 1 cup water warm water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 4-5 drops of green food coloring
- Gold craft glitter
- Begin by adding the flour, salt, water, oil, and cream of tartar into a bowl. Mix well until a soft dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour. If it is too dry, add a little oil.
- When the dough is of the right consistency, add your 4-5 drops of food coloring. Knead the dough well until the color spreads evenly throughout the dough.
- Finish by adding a sprinkling of gold glitter to the dough. Continue to add it in and knead well so it distributes throughout.
- Use your Pot O Gold play dough with shamrock shape cookie cutters. Or, you can take plastic gold coins and make imprints of them into the dough.
- To store your Pot O Gold play dough, just place it in an airtight container. It will stay good for about two weeks. If you need to soften it at any time, just add a teaspoon of oil and knead.
How do you enjoy March 17th? Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your children?
Make sure to stop by and print off this St. Patrick’s Day Bucket List to help you celebrate!
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019