Each and every week, I’ll be sharing easy ways to maximize your dollar at your local dollar store. From five dollar meal ideas to closet organization, you can find a LOT for just a buck. Don’t miss an update, and sign up for my mailing list.
Valentine’s Day is behind us, so it is time to start getting out the St. Patrick’s Day decor! Decorating your space for St. Patrick’s Day can be cheap and easy when you do your shopping at your local dollar store. They will have everything you need to get your space looking green and feelin’ lucky in no time. Green is my favorite color, so this is my favorite time of year to stock up on springtime inspired decor. Here is how you can get started with seven ways to decorate your home for St. Patrick’s Day below!
1. Green glassware. Dollar Tree offers green glass goblets and other glassware year round. These are wonderful for adding some green to your St. Patrick’s Day table. At just a buck a piece, you will feel like you have the luck of the Irish on your side.
2. Colorful carnations. During the St. Patrick’s Day season, you can find green and gold carnations. For just a buck a bundle, grab a few to use in centerpieces or make your own corsages with. Put it on and no one will pinch you on March 17th!
3. Window clings. Make your windows sparkles with the many St. Patrick’s Day themed window decals Dollar Tree offers. Choose from rainbows, wording, pots of gold and more. If you wish, you can even display these on mirrors throughout your home.
4. DIY candy bowls. Grab some of the plastic leprechaun hats that Dollar Tree sells for just a buck and turn them over. Fill them with colorful candies, popcorn, or other treats. It is a cheap and easy DIY candy bowl option that anyone can do.
5. DIY St. Patrick’s Day Wreath. Grab a few green feather boas, some gold coins, and a wreath form, all sold at Dollar Tree. Wrap the boas around the form and secure with glue. Glue on the gold coins for a fun and frugal St. Patrick’s Day wreath.
6. No Sew St. Patrick’s Day Pillows. Grab a St. Patrick’s Day themed hand towel and hot glue and cotton batting to make an easy no sew pillow. Just line the edges with glue, fold over, stuff, and secure the opening. This method makes a festive no sew pillow in just minutes.
7. Go Gold Coin Crazy. The bags of gold coins can be used in so many ways. Scatter them on tables, fill bowls with them, use them to top cakes and cupcakes, or fill a votive holder with them and tuck in a battery operated votive. So easy!
See how easy it can be to decorate your home for St. Patrick’s Day using Dollar Tree supplies? Give these ideas a try and see what sort of decor you can come up with!
Do you decorate for the holidays?
What topic should I feature in my next 52 Weeks of Dollar Deals post?
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- So Fresh and So Clean… Dove Beauty Bar For Your Family - March 20, 2018
- A Guide to the Plastics in Your Home | Green Enough Book Review - March 20, 2018
- How to Stay Active With Your Pets - March 20, 2018