- 1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. milk
For the bunny ears:
- White frosting, any brand
- 1 package of large marshmallows (you need 12 marshmallows total for 12 cupcakes)
- Wilton pink sugar crystals
- kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the softened butter, sugar, egg whites and vanilla mixing
- well. Slowly fold in the flour, salt and baking powder. Lastly, add
- the milk continuing to stir.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (or liners) and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
For the bunny ears:
- Generously frost each cupcake and set aside.
- Pour the sugar crystals into a shallow bowl or paper plate and set side.
- Take 1 marshmallow at a time and snip diagonally using the kitchen scissors.
- Dip the sticky side into the pink sugar crystals and place standing up on the cupcake - gently press into the frosting and repeat with the other ear.
- Repeat with all the marshmallows giving each cupcake a pair of bunny ears.
Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17481/simple-white-cake/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 7g
Let us know what you’re celebrating! BonBon Rose Girls are sharing adorable Easter place cards on their blog today.
Easter Recipes and Crafts:
- Easter Bucket List Printable: 25 Things to Do This Easter Season
- Easter Funfetti Cake Cookies
- Easter Egg Bath Bombs
- When to Hire a Probate Lawyer - February 25, 2020
- 5 Things to Try to Completely Change Your Perspective on Life - February 25, 2020
- Celebrating Childcare With Community-Building Events - February 24, 2020