Sundays are typically my favorite day of the week. I’m well-rested (thanks to sleeping in!), and I’m ready to relax. I use Saturdays for errands usually, so Sundays feature a well-stocked beer cooler, a fridge full of yummy meals planned, and the promise of nice weather. The past few Sundays have been excellent, and the temperature is only climbing. Last Sunday I took the time to plan a quick and easy brunch for my family, and I was happy to spend $20 and set this out in under thirty minutes.
Having a nice breakfast outside can be easy and cheap, and I love finding ways to celebrate the weekend.
2. Pick an easy menu. Find a unique (yet simple!) way to serve bacon and eggs to impress your guests. I found an idea from Rachael Ray and seasoned it to our liking.
Baked Bacon & Egg Cup
These little guys were SO easy to cook and were quite possibly the best breakfast item I’ve ever made. I consider these a new family favorite.
Each cup required two strips of bacon and one egg.
- Cook each bacon slice about three minutes on each side.
- Chop bacon in half and line the bottom of the muffin tin cup. Next, take a full strip of bacon to line the sides of the cup.
- Crack an egg into each cup.
- Cook for about 15 minutes (longer if necessary) until the egg whites are firm.
- Season! I used Old Bay. Other suggestions? Onion powder, my friend’s mom uses dill, or regular salt & pepper.
3. Set up something interactive. DIY Cereal Bar? Yogurt Bar? Or, my favorite, create a Mimosa Bar! Let your guests mingle while crafting a creative cocktail or breakfast item.
For my very easy (and very cheap!) mimosa bar, I opted for champagne that was on sale. I added in orange and grapefruit juice, and I bought seasonal fruit. Strawberries are pretty much always on sale now, so I made sure to stock up!
- 1 part grapefruit juice
- 1 part champage or sparkling wine
- Orange Juice
- Fresh raspberries
- Add grapefruit juice and champagne to a glass.
- Pour in a splash of orange juice.
- Top with fresh raspberries.
- Mimosa Bar Sign But First Mimosas Banner Boho Floral Bridal Shower Decorations Rose Gold Baby Shower Graduation Decor Brunch Bubbly Bar Themed Wedding Engagement Birthday Party Mimosa Bar Kit
- Libbey Make Your Own Mimosa Bar Set with 3 Carafes with Lids and 3 Garnish Bowls
- Plastic Champagne Flutes For Parties - 9 oz (Set of 15) - Disposable Stemless Champagne Glasses For A Mimosa Bar And Wedding Toasting. Unbreakable Stemware Cups Clear Like Glass For Cocktail, Wine
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 335 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 15mg Carbohydrates: 55g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Protein: 3g
4. Sit outside. Brunch is better outdoors. It’s a rule.
5. Celebrate your weekend! Sundays are great for recharging and getting energized for the long week ahead. Reflect on the week past and enjoy a (hopefully) sunny afternoon with family and friends.