Try a Beef Stroganoff Twist: Swedish “Meatball” Lasagna!
Who doesn’t love noodles? They are creative and delicious and remind you of your childhood. With a little help from No Yolks Egg Noodles, we decided to have a little fun with a delicious new twist on an old noodle-centric favorite. We just took the classic Italian lasagna and merged it with some traditional Swedish flavors. The end result was a hearty meal that is relatively simple and unique and fun.
No Yolks cook up smooth, firm and fluffy and stay that way in your favorite recipes. Plus, they are a healthier alternative to traditional egg noodles because they are made from only the egg whites that have no cholesterol, and are low in fat and sodium. We knew they would be an ideal choice for this recipe, and we couldn’t wait to try them!
To prepare this recipe, gather your ingredients including No Yolks. You’re going to love this flavor combination.
Swedish Meatball Lasagna
Try this Swedish meatball inspired lasagna!
- 12 ounce bag No Yolks broad noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Graddost cheese (or other hard farmhouse variety), grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- In greased pan, brown ground beef with onions, mushrooms and garlic. Salt to taste.
- In medium saucepan, combine milk, flour, water, sour cream, parsley, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Simmer sauce on low heat until thick yet creamy.
- Boil noodles in separate pot. Strain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In greased lasagna pan, layer noodles along bottom of pan. Cover with layer of ground beef, then cheese and cream sauce. Repeat.
- Top with layer of cheese and noodles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top layer forms crispy crust.
- Garnish with sour cream and parsley sprig before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 927Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 1076mgSodium: 506mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 59g
Everyone is sure to love this layered masterpiece of cheesy, meaty goodness.
No Yolks are great in just about everything from homemade chicken noodle soup to stroganoff. They come in a variety of sizes for all types of recipes including Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski, Dumplings, and now Stir-Fry.
Quick Pasta Recipes:
- Whole30 Pasta Idea: Zoodles and Sugar-Free Red Sauce
- Cheesy Pasta Mug Recipe
- Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe
Free Printable Meal Plan
Looking for easy meal plans? When you sign up for my email list, you receive access to weekly meal plans including cocktails and desserts. Here’s a quick sample!
- Monday: Cheesy Chicken Sliders
- Tuesday: Set up a Bratwurst Bar
- Wednesday: Stuffed Peppers
- Thursday: Garlic Tempura Shrimp
- Friday: Naan Pizza night!
- Bonus: Try rainbow cupcakes for a dessert or an apple cobbler from the slow cooker.
- 4 Facts You Didn’t Know About Red Light Therapy - March 18, 2023
- The Top 4 Strategies for Training and Managing Your Dog’s Behavior - March 18, 2023
- These 5 Factors Can Influence Compensation in Truck Accidents - March 18, 2023