One of my favorite parts of take-out Asian food is the side of fried rice. it goes with everything from short ribs to steamed crabs. The problem with fried rice is that it can be a bit laborious to make at home, especially when you are making a main course to go with it.
That’s why the new lines of Ling Ling Fried Rice, which is already premade with all the vegetables and seasonings and ready to heat, makes for the perfect addition to your meal that is simple to make and inspired by authentic Asian inspired recipes from Japan, China, Korea and Thailand.
The Chinese-Style Vegetable makes for a perfect side or try the Yakitori Chicken, Yakiniku Beef, Thai-Style Chicken or Bibimbap Beef as an easy main course. Each grain of rice is infused during the cooking process with their signature sauces that gives incredible flavor in every bite. We found Ling Ling in the frozen foods section of our local grocery store.
We chose to pair Ling Ling Fried Rice, which features edamame, carrots, fire roasted corn and red bell peppers, all tossed in a traditional soy-based sauce, with one of my favorite Asian-inspired dishes: spicy tempura shrimp.
- 1 pound colossal shrimp (11-13 count)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups sunflower or canola oil (optional if using deep fryer)
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. of Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- Peel and de-vein shrimp, leaving only the tail. Rinse with cold water.
- If not using a deep fryer, in a large frying pan, preheat oil to approximately 375 degrees.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl until a smooth, creamy batter is formed.
- Dip shrimp in batter so that it is thoroughly coated.
- Fry in hot oil until shrimp are cooked all the way through and batter turns golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1245Total Fat: 112gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 102gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 1526mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 29g
Serve the shrimp over a bed of rice with a slice of lime. If you want a little more spice, try a splash of sriracha sauce on top. With Ling Ling Fried Rice, staying in tastes like going out.
Asian Inspired Recipes:
What’s your favorite Asian-inspired dish? Do you love pairing your meals with fried rice? You might like this sweet and sour chicken recipe too!
Free Printable Meal Plan
Looking for easy meal plans? When you sign up for my email list, you receive access to weekly meal plans including cocktails and desserts. Here’s a quick sample!
- Monday: Cheesy Chicken Sliders
- Tuesday: Meatless Chorizo Nachos
- Wednesday: Stuffed Peppers
- Thursday: Garlic Tempura Shrimp
- Friday: Naan Pizza night!
- Bonus: Try rainbow cupcakes for a dessert or an apple cobbler from the slow cooker.
- Why DNA Tests Are Important - October 25, 2021
- The Right Way to Clean Your Bathroom – A Simple Guide - October 25, 2021
- Car vs Truck Accident: What Are The Major Differences Between Them - October 24, 2021