This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for sending me European olive oil to review!
Ditch the Easy Mac and create your own pasta dish in minutes with this simple mug recipe. You can cook brownies, cake, cupcakes, eggs, and now, pasta in a mug in the microwave. It’s a simple solution to a busy weeknight that provides flavor without all the extras that pre-packaged food can come with.
To make this easy dish, use your favorite mini pasta shells, shredded parmesan cheese, spinach, and pantry staples like butter, milk, and olive oil. What’s your favorite olive oil? Read up on The Flavor Your Life campaign, supported by the European Union, Unaprol, and the Italian Ministry of Agriculture, which is dedicated to providing the latest in industry news on European Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The program aims to educate US consumers so they can make informed decisions when purchasing Extra Virgin Olive Oil. To learn more visit flavoryour-life.com.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is the freshly pressed juice of olives. It is cold pressed, meaning it is pressed without heat or chemicals. When cooking with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, experiment with different oils for different occasions. Use delicate oils for salad dressings or as a condiment over mild foods like vegetables, fish, eggs or potatoes. Pair robust oils with hearty foods that can stand up to the intense flavor, like steak or spicy soup.
Ready to make your pasta mug? Add mini shells to your mug with water and a few drops of the olive oil. This helps prevent sticking. Heat in the microwave for two minutes and stir. Repeat this step two times, stirring in between. Watch out – the mug can get hot!
Add the butter, milk, shredded parmesan cheese, and spinach to the mug. Stir to combine all the ingredients together.
Let it cool, and season with salt and pepper.
- 1/3 cup mini shells pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp spinach, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- A few drops of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the mini shells to your mug along with the water and a few drops of the olive oil (prevent sticking).
- Heat the mug in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Repeat step two (2) more times, stirring after each round. Be careful in handling, as the mug will get very hot.
- Add the butter, milk, shredded parmesan cheese and spinach to the mug, stirring to mix all the ingredients together.
- Let cool a few minutes, add salt & pepper to taste if you wish and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
Connect with the Flavor Your Life campaign online to learn more about European Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
[amazon-related-products keywords=”pasta cookbooks”]
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Pet Adoption Supplies Checklist - March 19, 2019
- Home Renovation Budget: How to Make the Most of It - March 18, 2019
- Greek Hummus Skewers - March 16, 2019