When planning a party, there is nothing better than a cocktail party. It is a unique gathering which comprises music, drinks, and food. Moreover, they are a great choice for every host who wants to entertain every kind of guest, from their neighbors to friends, and colleagues. Plus, they last around 2 hours, so you won’t spend your entire day on one thing.
The best part of hosting a cocktail party is that you can have different drinks and foods on your menu. In that way, you can be sure that all of your guests will find what they like. However, if you are about to host your first cocktail party, there are some things you need to take care of. Namely, when planning your party, you should consider the following factors:
- The number of guests
- The type – is it a casual or formal event?
- The theme
- Your budget
- Menu – food and drinks
- Music – whether you will hire a DJ or not and which type of music will be played.
Out of all these things, the menu is the most important one. It’s because drinks and food determine the success of your party. In order to ensure you have everything you need, you can ask for food and alcohol delivery to your home.
Planning Your Menu
Of course drinks, especially cocktails, are the first thing you should plan since it’s a cocktail party. The choice depends on whether you will have a menu with a limited choice of drinks or a full bar.
- Drink menu – This option saves you money since you include only the basic liquors, such as wine, beer, vodka, and whiskey. Plus, you should include the cocktails that can be made from these liquors.
- Full bar – This option gives your guests the opportunity to choose what they want to drink. If you have a full bar, apart from the above-mentioned liquors, you should add gin, tequila, bourbon, rum, sherry, vermouth, and brandy.
Regardless of what you choose, there are some classic cocktails, such as Cosmopolitan, Gin and Tonic, and DIrty Martiny you should have. Also, you need to have different mixers and bitters for the cocktails you plan to make, such as soda, tonic, lemons, limes, orange juice, mint leaves, etc.
- Hire a bartender
- Have lots of ice
- Have a big choice of glasses and ensure there are different styles for each type of drink you will serve.
- Have coffee – to help out all who want to have a cleared mind.
You can’t have a party without food. Since guests usually don’t eat only one thing, you can combine different types of food, with a small amount of each. In that way, you will have still have enough food for everyone. In fact, you can estimate food quantities by planning around 6 bites per person per hour, if there’s no dinner served. Since full course meal isn’t usually served, when planning the food, stick to snacks and foods which people can eat standing, with their fingers. If you don’t know what to serve, here are some ideas:
- Tapenade cracker bites
- Salmon tarts
- Four Cheese Pate Recipe
- Several types of meat
- Sweets (only a couple of, since they aren’t usually offered at cocktail parties)
Music plays a big role when it comes to the mood of the guest, which determines the party’s success. So, you can hire a DJ or make a list on your PC and play it during the party. But, if you want to hit the jackpot, you can ask your guests to choose the music. In that way, you will have a big variety of music at the party and no one will be bored.
Cocktail parties are a great way to organize an event everyone will enjoy. In order to have a great time, you should keep it simple. There’s no need to over-exaggerate with the cocktails or food recipes. Instead, stick to the basic drinks and foods that don’t require a lot of ingredients. However, you should get the best liquors and the best organic fresh fruit because they guarantee the success of your party.
- The Ideal Options For Stress Relief And Getting Rid Of Anxiety - December 5, 2021
- Unique DIY Gift Ideas To Leave Your Boyfriend Speechless This Christmas - December 3, 2021
- 6 Meaningful Gift Ideas To Surprise Someone You Love With - December 3, 2021