Looking for a refreshing summer dish that uses seasonal vegetables? You’ve found it! I never used to like pasta salad, but I was missing OUT! I had no idea it could be so flavorful. When I discovered just how much I enjoyed it, I vowed to use this recipe more often as a side dish (or even for lunch!). I recommend that you give it a try. Add your own twist with your favorite veggies or top with grilled chicken or shrimp.
This pasta dish features a dash of wine, onion, and more. Keep reading for the recipe!
When you combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and garlic salt, you will love how much better this tastes than a pre-packaged seasoning. As for your veggies, I used radishes, zucchini, and red onion. I could have added cucumbers too!
I have been enjoying squash a lot more lately. I like to slice it thin and bake it covered in olive oil and garlic. This is another way that I can convince myself to eat it. You can also add peppers.
- 12 oz package of bowtie pasta
- 1 medium size yellow pepper, cut into smaller chunks
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and cut into halves
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 1/3 C. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1-2 tsp. garlic salt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according package directions, about 10-12 minutes in boiling water. Remove from heat and drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Add all the fresh veggies to a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and garlic salt. Whisk together.
- Add the cold pasta to the bowl with fresh veggies. Pour the dressing on top and stir to mix everything together.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
Control the Christmas Chaos!
Get organized for the holidays with this printable Christmas planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Christmas at Disney World: Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House - December 15, 2018
- Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Florida - December 14, 2018
- Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail - December 14, 2018