Are you ready for some football? I know that we have been counting down the days until tailgate season here in Florida. Not only is it a great excuse for a backyard BBQ or party, it means that cooler temperatures are on the way! We basically have two seasons in Florida: spring and summer. Fall can be still warm but cooler than normal. It’s a nice break from the near 100-degree weather and humidity. We stopped by our neighborhood Publix to stock up on Dr Pepper and Johnsonville products to create the ultimate tailgate table: loaded bratwursts paired with Dr Pepper!
Publix had everything that I needed. Dr Pepper products were in the soda aisle while Johnsonville bratwursts can be found frozen near the meat or perhaps in the freezer area. My store has them in two places. You can also save when you shop with this coupon!
Dr Pepper is the one that fans crave! It is the perfect complement to tailgating and home-gating events during the College Football season.
It was a refreshing beverage to pair with our fully loaded bratwursts. Get ready to re-create this at your next tailgate or at home. It’s easy and full of flavor!
We started with Johnsonville products. They’re easy to grill! We set up a table with all the fixings including shredded cheese, marinated peppers, ketchup, mustard, and relish.
To make your own marinated peppers, we used red, yellow, and bell peppers with fresh garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
A bratwurst bar is perfect for all your guests since they can mix and match their favorite toppings.
To make them fully loaded, all you need a little bit of EVERYTHING!
- 1 package of bratwurst
- 1 package of shredded cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Grill bratwurst or use a skillet. Cook according to package instructions until done.
- To make your own marinated peppers, we used red, yellow, and bell peppers with fresh garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Set up a table with shredded cheese, marinated peppers, ketchup, mustard, and relish.
- To make them fully loaded, all you need is a little bit of EVERYTHING!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Do you love football as much as we do?
Tailgate Recipe Ideas:
- Grilled Citrus Ribs Recipe | Tailgate Recipes
- Walking Taco Tailgate Recipe
- Mango Iced Tea + Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches | Summer Party
What is your favorite on the grill tailgate recipe? Try this BBQ rib rub at your next tailgate party too!
Free Printable Meal Plan
Looking for easy meal plans? When you sign up for my email list, you receive access to weekly meal plans including cocktails and desserts. Here’s a quick sample!
- Monday: Cheesy Chicken Sliders
- Tuesday: Swedish Meatball Pasta
- Wednesday: Stuffed Peppers
- Thursday: Garlic Tempura Shrimp
- Friday: Naan Pizza night!
- Bonus: Try rainbow cupcakes for a dessert or an apple cobbler from the slow cooker.
- A Beginner’s Guide To Urban Gardening: How To Find The Top Equipment - September 15, 2021
- 7 Hacks To Enjoy A Luxurious Vacation In Miami - September 15, 2021
- Figuring Out What Your Loved Ones Really Want For Christmas - September 14, 2021