The holiday season has all of my favorite flavors in a rotation in my recipes: mocha, peppermint, gingerbread, eggnog. I go nuts adding seasonal ingredients to basically everything. For our winter movie nights, we pop in a rental and enjoy some gingerbread popcorn!
This simple recipe combines molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to make a seasonal snack that is perfect to share! You can make a few batches of this popcorn and gift it easily. A fun way to give a gift to friends, family, teachers, neighbors, and any other special people in your life is to surprise them with a Redbox e-gift card or a promo code bundle! Add some popcorn, and your gift is ready to give
To pair your favorite new movies with a seasonal snack, whip up a batch of this popcorn.
Combine cinnamon, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla extract, and a few other ingredients to make a delicious treat!
- 12 C. popped popcorn
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs. molasses
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Line 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and molasses. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally until it reaches 305 degrees (hard crack stage for making candy)
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the spice mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the popcorn in a large bowl and gently stir to coat all the pieces.
- Pour the popcorn out onto the baking sheets and evenly distribute it.
- Allow the popcorn to set and then break into pieces and store in an airtight container for gift giving and snacking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 51gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Redbox Gift Tag
Ready to give Redbox this holiday season? Print out this gift tag and attach it to this gingerbread popcorn!
So, give a little Redbox this holiday season! What’s your favorite holiday snack?
More Popcorn Recipes:
- 5 Tips To Move A Large Family - June 14, 2021
- Getting Injured Can Cause A Lot Of Issues: Here’s How To Deal With Them - June 14, 2021
- 6 Secrets To Make The Tastiest Coffee Everyday At Home - June 14, 2021