I hit the jackpot this weekend. I get inspiration for my recipes and home decor through shopping, and I was completely reinvigorated for an amazing holiday season after browsing the baking aisle of my local store. I was looking for simple holiday recipe ideas yet something a bit unique. When I saw mint, marshmallows, and Devil’s Food cake mix, I knew I had a fabulous Christmas cupcake!
These marshmallow mint cupcake were a breeze to make since frosting is entirely optional. You see, the marshmallow IS the frosting. I know, I know. It’s kind of genius. I saw the idea floating around in a viral article online, and I knew I could put my own creative spin on it. I looked for marshmallows, cake mix, sprinkles, and mint baking chips. I was pleasantly surprised to find a fun holiday project for my family to do on Christmas Eve: an incredibly gigantic Christmas tree cookie pan!
Sprinkles and icing were included, and this is SO going to become our new family tradition! My little one is kind of obsessed with all things sugar, and I know that he will get a kick out of using green icing to add garland to our edible Christmas tree.
I also made sure to grab a few baking essentials like cupcake liners, a spatula, and a whisk.
To prepare my holiday cupcakes, I followed the instructions on the devil’s food cake mix for cupcakes. I then cut giant marshmallows in half. While the cupcakes were warm, I carefully pressed the marshmallow onto the cupcake. I then put the cupcakes back in the oven (turned off, but it was still warm) to “toast” them ever so slightly.
The result was a deliciously creamy and chocolatey cupcake with just a hint of mint.
You can use the mint baking chips as “sprinkles” for your cupcake and you can even stir them into the cake mix for extra mint flavor!
- 1 box of devil's food cake mix
- 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows
- 1 bag of mint baking chips
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Feel free to stir in some mint baking chips for extra flavor!
- Line a cupcake pan with liners and spoon about 3 tbsp of the cake mixture into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for about fifteen minutes at 375 degrees or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean after inserting it.
- Cut each jumbo marshmallow in half.
- When the cupcakes are done, remove them from the oven and turn the oven off.
- Top each cupcake carefully with a marshmallow.
- Put the cupcake pan back into the oven to "toast" the marshmallow ever so slightly.
- After a minute or so, remove from the oven.
- Add additional mint baking chips for garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What are your favorite holiday cupcake recipes?
- Sno-Cone Cupcakes Recipe
- Holiday Recipes: Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
- Coca-Cola Cupcakes + Candy Buffet Party
Easy Printable Meal Plans
Want to celebrate and receive weekly meals? You’re going to need to sign up for my email list! Here is a sample of fun desserts that you will love! Not only do I share entrees and sides, but I curate cocktails and sweet treats too.
Weekly Dessert Plan
- Thinking of Switching To A Minimalist Lifestyle in 2022? Here Are Some Tips - January 17, 2022
- How to Properly Train Your Yorkie - January 15, 2022
- Understanding the Benefits of Hiring a Professional Roofer - January 15, 2022