Chicken Basil Pasta | Weekly Meal Planner Printable
We have all had those days. You don’t want to get home and have no idea what to cook. You’re tired, you still have work to do, or your child has an extracurricular. I’ve been there. I try to meal plan to save time in the kitchen, but actually cooking those meals still takes time. In order to combat busy weeknights, I look for everyday effortless meal ideas. Classic family favorites like chicken and pasta come to mind, and I was so excited to see this new pronto pasta. Keep reading for a simple meal idea that will save you LOTS of time in the kitchen!
Chicken Basil Pasta
A quick way to make pasta!
- 1 package of Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips
- 1 package of Barilla Pronto Pasta (I used rotini)
- Basil Cream Sauce
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of pesto
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese (try parmesan)
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Make the basil pesto sauce by heating the cream and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add butter, pesto sauce, garlic powder, salt, and any other seasonings you may desire.
- Reduce heat and stir. Cook for about five minutes or until all ingredients have combined.
- Mix in cheese until melted.
- While the sauce is cooling, prepare Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken strips according to package instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
You can garnish with additional cheeses or fresh tomato slices. I also like to add salt and pepper, however, this dish is outstanding on its own.
The Barilla Pronto pasta is going to make my life a LOT easier. In fact, I’ve already scheduled it on my weekly meal plan! If you need a weekly meal planner, feel free to download this one!
Weekly Meal Planner
It’s a PNG file sized to 8 x 10. You can size it smaller if you would like!
I’m going to recreate this dish next week, but instead, I’m going to add Cajun seasoning and red peppers. I can see how versatile these ingredients are, and I’m happy to experiment in the kitchen.
- Choosing the Best Fitover Sunglasses for Your Outdoor Adventure - March 24, 2023
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing Your Retirement Community - March 24, 2023
- Yoga Therapy and Its Benefits - March 24, 2023