I used to live in a town where St. Patrick’s Day felt like the biggest holiday of the year. From green beer to festivals and parades, it was a week-long affair! While I don’t live in that city anymore, I do like to celebrate the seasons as they come. From simple recipes to DIY crafts, I like to enjoy all of the holidays year after year with my family. The last time we truly celebrated St. Patrick’s Day I was pregnant and my husband competed in an epic cabbage bowling match. This year? My little one is old enough to understand why all of our food will be green and just exactly why chocolate gold coins are in his lunchbox. Here is a fun and easy pretzel popcorn snack that is just another way to celebrate March 17th.
Make a batch of these easy green pretzel popcorn! It’s a simple St. Patrick’s Day snack recipe! You will need popcorn (you can pop yours fresh OR if you’re watching what you’re eating try SkinnyPop or another brand of olive oil popcorn), green chocolate candy melts, sprinkles, M&Ms, and pretzels.
This is SO easy to make and share since the popcorn will taste good for a few days when stored in an airtight container. You could also consider making a few batches in small bags to share at school or work. Make sure to have baking sheets and parchment paper handy!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 12 oz Wilton green chocolate candy melts
- Green & white St. patty's day sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel pieces, broken
- 3/4 cups mint chocolate M&M's
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into a microwavable safe dish and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the 10 cups of popcorn into a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Gently stir the chocolate into the popcorn coating it all.
- Add in the pretzel pieces and mint M&M's and continue to stir gently
- Pour the popcorn out onto the baking sheets and evenly spread it out. Sprinkle with a few extra mint M&M's if you would like.
- Let the popcorn set for 20-30 minutes and then gently break apart the pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.