Some people get really excited about meal planning and some people don’t. I’m in the “don’t” category! Sometimes I feel motivated to plan elaborate meals with excessive ingredients, but mostly, I’m all about whatever meat I can find at a good price and veggies. It’s simple, affordable, and versatile. I don’t need a recipe with many steps – I can just wing it as I go! I start with a protein, like Fresh Pork at Walmart, and add a vegetable and easy seasoning. This recipe is Whole30 compliant (hooray!), and it’s perfect for leftovers at lunch the next day.
Easy Pork Chop Recipes
Get excited because you only need olive oil, lemon juice or key lime juice, oregano, Fresh Pork at Walmart, and broccoli. And, if you use frozen broccoli, don’t worry about it. I won’t tell!
I gathered all of my ingredients including Fresh Boneless Pork Chops at Walmart. Since Walmart® stands behind the quality of their meat, they offer a 100% freshness guarantee. They offer a fresh selection and a wide assortment of cuts that are 100% all natural and proudly raised in the USA. Quality means freshness AND variety, so Walmart has partnered with national brands to ensure their products are all natural and hand-selected for quality. The Fresh Boneless Pork Chops at Walmart were easy to find, and when you’re in a hurry and have to hit the grocery store you get home after a long day, you can run in and out to grab everything you need. You probably have all of the seasonings you need in your pantry already!
This 30-minute (and less!) meal idea is going to end up on your meal planning rotation. I can feel it! You can use this for easy weeknight recipe ideas or for a busy weekend. I prepared this pork broccoli bowl in a skillet, however, you can easily upgrade this idea for the weekend by marinating the meat and grilling it too.
Too busy to shop? You can choose to pick up your groceries!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup of lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tbsp oregano
- Place all ingredients in a bowl to marinate the pork.
- Cover and marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and cook seven minutes or so on each side until done.
- Steam fresh broccoli.
- Serve pork atop cooked broccoli. Season with pepper, garlic salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What is fantastic about this recipe is the leftovers! I find myself with about two or three pork chops that we didn’t finish each time I prepare this, so I simply use plastic meal planning containers to use for lunch throughout the week. The pork and broccoli are easy to reheat and keep their flavor the next day.
I’m not a big vegetable fan, so when I find something that serves up a full serving of greens that I enjoy, I stick to it. The broccoli absorbs the lemon and olive oil flavors, and it is so good!
How do you find time to prepare healthy meals on busy weeknights? Do you use pork in your kitchen?
Pork Recipe Ideas:
- Grilled Tropical Pork Tacos
- Lemon Butter Pork Chops With Rosemary Potatoes
- Dr Pepper Glazed Tenderloin
Free Meal Plan Ideas
Looking for an easy free meal plan?! I have you covered. Here’s a sample of what meal plans you can expect if your sign up for my email list.
- Monday: Fast Sliders
- Tuesday: Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
- Wednesday: Salmon BLT Sliders
- Thursday: Teriyaki Steak Egg Rolls (or try this egg foo yung!)
- Friday: Salsa Chicken Quesadillas
- Snacks: Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Other ideas: Make a red potatoes recipe or try a fresh recipe with peaches.
- Fun Summer Ideas For Families | Entenmann’s Little Bites® Mini Tarts - July 17, 2021
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments For A Better And Confident You - July 17, 2021
- Important Advice You Need To Hear After Being In An Accident - July 17, 2021