Watermelon Summer Cupcakes: Watermelon Cupcake Recipe
A super sweet way to serve summer cupcakes! Try these watermelon cupcakes for your next summer party!
These brightly colored watermelon summer cupcakes are just the thing you need at your next backyard BBQ. Not only do we love fresh watermelon (especially during the summertime!), but we appreciate a sweet treat to celebrate every so often. I’ve been compiling a collection of summer desserts, and these watermelon cupcakes are next in this series. If you’re looking for other desserts, click here!
Pick up your ingredients before baking. Believe it or not, these are easy!
Summer Cupcakes Ingredients
This homemade cupcake recipe also includes homemade frosting. It’s easier than it looks! I prefer the taste of homemade frosting, and you can create it in any color of your choosing with the right gel food coloring.
Try these summer cupcakes: These watermelon themed cupcakes are a sweet treat for summer!
For the cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 10-12 drops of green gel food coloring
For the frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 drops of red gel food coloring
- Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Stir in vanilla. Slowly alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing well in between each addition. Mix in green food coloring, a few drops at a time, until incorporated into the cupcakes.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Slowly mix in powdered sugar and red food coloring until ingredients are combined and frosting is formed.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Add the frosting to your cake decorator or piping bag with an icing tip, and frost the cupcakes.
- Finish with miniature chocolate chips for “watermelon seeds." Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 705Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 1gSugar: 70gProtein: 7g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Here’s to summer parties! Do you like to make homemade cupcakes?
Looking for more summer desserts?
Try these snow cone cupcakes or this frozen summer ice cream sandwich!
- Choosing the Best Fitover Sunglasses for Your Outdoor Adventure - March 24, 2023
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing Your Retirement Community - March 24, 2023
- Yoga Therapy and Its Benefits - March 24, 2023