This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. #MyMcCainPotatoes #CollectiveBias
Break out the burgers…it’s time for a burger slider bar party! To celebrate the upcoming hockey games, we hosted a get together for an epic game time watch party with a special slider bar with a not-so-secret ingredient. We love McCain® potatoes and have used them for a while now. Not only are they are a tasty side dish, but they make an epic slider bar topping! Since they’re made with real potatoes, they are the perfect game day spread idea.Ready to try smile sliders? We found McCain® products at Walmart, and it was hard to not buy ALL of them! 😉 We looked for McCain® Smiles® Mashed Potato Shapes which are fun shapes to share. We thought they would be a delicious burger topping and slider bar option. We also picked up McCain® Seasoned Curly Fries Seasoned Potato Fries for another slider bar topping idea, and they add a burst of flavor to your menu! With a crispy exterior, they offer a satisfying crunch with every bite. Whether you want to dip them or layer them or even try them on a slider, you’re going to love them!
Hockey Watch Party: Slider Bar Party Ideas
Let’s make epic waffle fry and smile sliders! We use a few time-saving hacks to make your slider bar set up fast and easy. To get started, prepare potatoes according to package instructions. If you have access to an air fryer, cook frozen fries in that. We actually have two air fryers so we are able to prepare double the amount of food in half the time. It helps us prepare for game day parties, and you can usually find air fryers with a frozen fry setting too!
While your fries are cooking, prepare your sliders. You can use prepared sliders or make your own. I like to shop ground beef patties to save time, but it is not a problem to make your own. We use dinner rolls as slider buns, and we gauge the size of each burger patty before cooking to make sure it will fit. My husband lovingly called our sliders “hockey pucks” to stick to the hockey gameday theme. Season your ground beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, and onion powder.
We prepared them in a cast iron skillet. You don’t need to fire up the grill for this recipe! Add oil to a cast iron skillet to let it heat up. Add slider-sized burger patties and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until preferred doneness. When the burgers and fries are done, you’re ready to party!
To prepare a slider hockey puck style, use a dinner roll and slice it in half. Top with a burger patty, American cheese, and a waffle fry or smile potato fry. Add your favorite toppings like ketchup, mayo, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Set up your hockey party burger bar and enjoy the game! Use paper containers to store fries for easy reach, and let guests serve themselves. Encourage them to make their own sliders using McCain products from Walmart. Which combination is your favorite? Do you love the waffle fry slider or the smile fry slider?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, as needed
- 2 tbsp oil for the skillet
- American cheese
- Slider buns (we used Hawaiian dinner rolls)
Slider bar toppings:
- McCain® Smiles® Mashed Potato Shapes
- Prepare french fries according to package instructions. While the fries are cooking, prepare your sliders.
- Combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Create sliders with about three tablespoon sized balls. Flatten them in the palm of your hand according to size of slider buns.
- Heat skillet with oil for a minute or two until hot.
- Add sliders to the pan and cook for two to three minutes on each side. Check meat for doneness before finishing! We like ours medium so it only takes a few minutes.
- Set up your slider bar and add your favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 1488mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 34g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Which variety do you want to try first?!
Fun Party Ideas:
- Ice Cream Sundae Marshmallow Pops: Birthday Party Desserts
- Toy Story Birthday Party Ideas | Buzz Lightyear Float
- 6 Summer Party Ideas
Free Meal Plan Ideas
Looking for an easy free meal plan?! I have you covered. Here’s a sample of what meal plans you can expect if your sign up for my email list.
- Monday: Fast Sliders
- Tuesday: Ahi Tuna Ceviche
- Wednesday: Beef Kabob Bowls
- Thursday: English Muffin Pizzas
- Friday: Salsa Chicken Quesadillas
- Brekfast Ideas: Pancake Muffins
- Appetizers: Greek Hummus Skewers, Greek Nachos
- How to Properly Train Your Yorkie - January 15, 2022
- Understanding the Benefits of Hiring a Professional Roofer - January 15, 2022
- Kayaking With Friends? Here Are A Few Things To Prepare - January 15, 2022