Grilled Rib Potato Bowl
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetGrillingSmithfield #SmithfieldGrillingHero #CollectiveBias
Fire up the grill and get ready to make this grilled rib potato bowl. It’s a delicious dinner idea with Florida flavor! We used Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork St. Louis Style Ribs to get started, and you can follow along with the recipe below!
It is SO easy to grill ribs, and it has become one of our Sunday supper standards. By using Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork St. Louis Style Ribs for our meals, we can cook perfect ribs each time. They are hand trimmed, extra tender and juicy with no added hormones or steroids.
We found our ribs at Walmart in the pork section, and they are so simple to use that it doesn’t matter if you are a novice on the grill. We’ve got you covered! If you’re planning a homegating party, especially for the upcoming NASCAR races, grab Smithfield®! We usually watch the Toyota Owners 400 (April 13th) and the Geico 500 (April 28th). A good weekend, for us, is relaxing at home and grilling our favorite family recipes.
Are you the hero of the grill?
How to Marinade Ribs For Grilling
We used two cups of orange juice, a cup of apple cider vinegar, a fourth cup of Worcestershire sauce, and dry rubbed them in a Florida style seasoning. If you don’t have a Florida style seasoning, you can substitute paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. We marinade ribs ahead of time in a large container with the juices and dry rub. We simply add the dry rub to the ribs and marinade in the juices listed above.
We marinaded these ribs for two hours before getting ready for our homegating party! We also had to prepare potatoes for the pairing in this recipe. We grilled them in foil.
Once the potatoes were done on the grill (they do take longer than the rubs), smash them with sour cream.
This will make the potatoes creamy and provide a soft side dish for the main event!
Grilled Rib Potato Bowl
Use this recipe to make a grilled rib potato bowl!
- 1 Smithfield Extra Tender Fresh Pork St. Louis Style Ribs package
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Everglades seasoning, as desired (for dry rub). You can find this in the seasoning aisle of your local grocery store or simply use paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
For the potatoes:
- 4 potatoes
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Add Everglades seasoning to ribs.
- Mix juices, vinegar and spices together in a sealable bowl or container.
- Brush ribs with approximately 1/3 of the marinade and seal in a plastic bag.
- Heat your grill to high heat, place ribs directly over heat for 5-10 minutes to sear.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Using the remaining marinade periodically baste or brush meat every 5-10 minutes.
- Cook until meat is tender.
To prepare the potatoes:
- Wrap 4 large white potatoes in foil.
- Add to grill and cook for about twenty to thirty minutes.
- When cooked through, add all potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes up. Add sour cream and stir.
To serve, add potatoes to a bowl. Add ribs on top and garnish with green onions and parsley.
If you don't have Florida style seasoning, you can use:
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 398mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 16g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
To plate your dish, use the potatoes as the base. Top with the whole ribs and garnish with green onions and parsley.
Ribs are such a versatile dish. You can use them for a BBQ, a tailgate, or a celebration at home.
Get to know Smithfield and enter to win!
How do you grill ribs? What are your favorite homegating recipes?
Easy Pork Recipes
- Choosing the Best Fitover Sunglasses for Your Outdoor Adventure - March 24, 2023
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing Your Retirement Community - March 24, 2023
- Yoga Therapy and Its Benefits - March 24, 2023