Celebrate summer with a beach themed party! These summer cupcakes are easy to make and perfect for a summer birthday party or event!
Your beach party is going to NEED these mini popsicle cupcakes. Just add sprinkles!
To prepare for your party and to create these easy desserts, you will need a few supplies.
Beach Themed Party Cupcakes
Mini Popsicle Cupcakes
The secret cupcake topper in this recipe is Mike & Ikes! How fun is that?! I know that these are my son’s favorite movie theater snack, so it was neat to see that you can use toothpicks and the colorful candy to create “popsicles” to use as a beach themed cupcake topper.
Just frost, create your mini popsicles using the toothpicks and candy pieces, and add sprinkles!
- 8 Vanilla Cupcakes, prepared and unfrosted
- 1 Can White Frosting
- 1 Box Mike and Ikes
- Wood Toothpicks
- Sprinkles and/or Nonpareils—rainbow colored
- To make the little popsicles, first cut off about a third of a toothpick at one end. Repeat until you have 16 little toothpick pieces.
- Pick out two of the same color candies and poke the pointed end of the toothpick into each candy end. Repeat with remaining candies until you have 8 sets of popsicles.
- Frost each cupcake with the frosting. I used a piping bag and swirled it on, or you can spread it on in a smooth layer.
- Place a set of little popsicles on the top of each cupcake. Make sure they are pressed together so they look like a twin-stick popsicle.
- Add some sprinkles on top of each cupcake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.