Let the Christmas baking commence! If you haven’t started baking dozens (upon dozens!) of Christmas cookies yet, just wait. It’s coming soon! I know that I have been a bit lazy when it comes to my Christmas treats this year. We usually already have the tree up, the stockings are hung by the fire pool, and the mantle (also known as the bar) is aglow with lights and decor. However, this year…we missed a weekend somewhere. Between what felt like a very late Thanksgiving to being out of town for my birthday, we are definitely not ready for Christmas!
While I daydream of a decorated home for the holidays (hopefully by this week!), I have an easy cookie recipe for you. You might have seen something similar before. It’s a sweet treat and easy to bake. You can decorate the dough with sprinkles or additional candy. Or, perhaps you can try food coloring! Either way, these cookies have just the right amount of peppermint flavor paired with sweet sugar. Happy holidays!
- ¾ Cup Butter, softened
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 2 1/3 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 24 Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- While the oven is preheating, cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, peppermint extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour to the mixing bowl a third at a time. Mix well between each addition.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the dough at a time and roll into balls.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the cookies until about ¼ inch thick.
- Take a wrapped kiss and form a small indentation in the center of each cookie--about halfway through the cookie.
- Bake at 350 about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place an unwrapped Peppermint Kiss into the top of each cookie. Wait about 5 seconds then very gently push down on the kisses to make sure they get set (but not too hard!).
- Let the cookies cool and kisses set for about 20-30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Stop by BonBon Rose Girls for more ‘Tis the Season inspiration including this DIY ornament for grandparents!
Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas:
- How to Properly Train Your Yorkie - January 15, 2022
- Understanding the Benefits of Hiring a Professional Roofer - January 15, 2022
- Kayaking With Friends? Here Are A Few Things To Prepare - January 15, 2022