Skip the messy Easter egg dye and try Modpodge! These decoupage Easter eggs are fun to create since you can use your imagination to make unique Easter eggs.
Do you know how to decoupage? I remember days in the art classroom when I was much younger using Modpodge and creating things out of newspaper and magazines. This year you can try your hand at making Easter eggs with your own flair using this technique.
Get started with these supplies that you can find at your local dollar store or Amazon.
Easter Egg Decorating Decoupage Ideas
You can decoupage with almost anything! 😉 Here are a few ideas using napkins and tissue paper to get started.
When you have your desired pattern picked out, cut a pattern out carefully.
Use your Modpodge to carefully add to your egg.
Ready for the full tutorial? Let’s go!
- Floral Foam (optional)
- Flathead pins (optional)
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Decorative napkins or tissue paper
- Choose your napkin or tissue paper you want to use. Cut out around the areas you want to decoupage.
- Put a thin layer of Mod Podge on the back and stick to your egg. You can go for a simple look of just one or layer them.
- Once everything is positioned how you would like it, put a layer of Mod Podge over the top and set on your floral foam to dry.
- Prep your eggs: I hardboiled mine. But they turned out so pretty that I regret not blowing them out so that I can reuse them next year. (To do so, just stick a pin to make a small hole on one end. On the other end, use the pin to make a slightly larger hole. Blow through the small hole so that the egg pushes through the larger hole. Add warm water, blow again and let dry.)
To make drying easy, stick flat head pins into a piece of floral foam. This will keep your eggs raised up and make drying super simple!
What designs would you use to decoupage?
Need more Easter Egg ideas? Here are a few unique Easter Egg DIY ideas or you can try making these Easter Egg Bath Bombs!
easter egg crafts
- 5 Tips To Move A Large Family - June 14, 2021
- Getting Injured Can Cause A Lot Of Issues: Here’s How To Deal With Them - June 14, 2021
- 6 Secrets To Make The Tastiest Coffee Everyday At Home - June 14, 2021