If you need a fun homemade gift idea for Easter or you have a little one that likes a fizzy bathtime, try these simple Easter Egg Bath Bombs!
While I love browsing all of the scents at my local Lush store, sometimes I like to DIY for half the cost. Splurging on bath bombs only happens a few times a year, so I try to get crafty and experiment with different scents and recipes. For Easter this year, we created Easter Egg bath bombs. These are a fun Easter basket idea or a creative way to surprise a busy mama with a relaxing bath!
DIY Bath Bomb Ingredients:
When you prepare to make your bath bombs, try these ingredients. I linked them to a few places on Amazon so you can get them in a hurry!
Ready to get started? Here’s the full tutorial:
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup Epsom salts (I used lavender!)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp water
- ½ tsp essential oils (I used ¼ tsp lavender and ¼ tsp grapefruit)
- Food coloring
- Glitter (optional)
- Plastic eggs
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the avocado oil, water and essential oils.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well.
- Divide into smaller bowls and add a few drops of food coloring and mix really well. Don’t go crazy with your food coloring – you don’t want to color your tub (or you!)
- Cover your bowls with plastic wrap as soon as you are finished. The mix can dry pretty quickly.
- Open your plastic eggs. If you are using glitter, sprinkle a bit in. Alternate layers of the different colors of mix. Put the lid on the egg and secure with a rubber band.
- Leave the mixture in the eggs for about an hour and carefully remove from the plastic eggs. You might find it helpful to use a knife around the edges.
- Place the egg bath bombs on a towel for a few more hours to finish drying.
- To use, just place in the bathtub!
Here is how you mold the bath bombs in the plastic Easter egg.
My son really enjoys using bath bombs to turn his bathtime into a colorful playtime. We most recently used these Pokemon bath bombs from Amazon, and you can find his review here!
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.