Last call for holiday cookies! The best gifts are the ones that you can EAT, and these Christmas tree sugar cookies do not disappoint. Consider creating a batch and sharing them at your next holiday get together OR wrap them up in cellophane for easy gifting.
These simple sugar cookies are created with star shaped cookie cutters in small, medium, and large. That is how you will get the “stacking” effect of the Christmas tree. Once you bake sugar cookies in a variety of sizes, you’re ready to frost and stack!
Piping bags make frosting SO much easier.
The cookies come to life when you add sprinkles.
The best Christmas cookies!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened butter. Whip until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extra and egg, continue to mix.
- Sift in the 3 cups of flour and baking powder.
- The mixture will be stiff so use your hands to finish mixing, if needed.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 smaller batches.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4″ thick.
- Use the star cookie cutters to cut the same number of stars in each size.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2″ a part.
- Place the cookies in the oven.
- Set a timer for 3-4 minutes and remove the cookie sheet from the oven and remove the smallest stars from the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven.
- Set the timer for another 2 minutes and then remove the medium size stars.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven for the large stars to finish baking another 2-3 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool.
- Attach the frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with frosting.
- Starting with the largest star, generously frost each cookie and stack from largest to smallest.
- Top the small star cookie with frosting, add a star and holiday sprinkles.
- Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
Here’s to a happy holiday!
Need More Christmas Inspiration?
Control the Christmas Chaos!
Get organized for the holidays with this printable Christmas planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- lake + loft dream.plan.do planner review - December 15, 2018
- Christmas at Disney World: Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House - December 15, 2018
- Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Florida - December 14, 2018