When the back to school season begins, I know that my days are going to be busier. Whether it is because my son had fall sports, a new school routine, or I had more work on my end, fall is always busy. It’s never a bad busy, but it does add more tasks to my to do list. This year is going to be an entirely new routine as my son starts kindergarten. Kindergarten! To help with our new routine, I’m going to be meal planning now more than ever. Meal planning can be easier when you stick to family favorite recipes while trying new things. Lettuce cups are an easy way for your family to customize their entrees, and these spicy turkey lettuce cups are going to transform your weeknights. YUM!
To prepare your lettuce cups, stop by Walmart to grab all your ingredients. Ground turkey is a better-for-you alternative to ground beef and can be used in a variety of recipes. We like turkey burgers, turkey BLTs, turkey tacos…the list goes on! To prepare your lettuce cups, you need romaine lettuce leaves, cooked ground turkey, shredded cheese, spicy buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and your favorite toppings. Tomatoes are a good choice for this dish too.
You can prepare ground turkey according to package instructions in a skillet. I seasoned it with garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Make mealtime fun with a lettuce cups buffet! Set up your toppings so your family can mix and match their favorite ingredients. For the purpose of this recipe, you will use everything you see pictured above.
- 1 package of ground turkey
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- 1 cup of buffalo sauce
- 1 container of romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare ground turkey in a skillet with olive oil on medium-high heat. Cook using package instructions. Season with garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Chop lettuce for the lettuce cups.
- When turkey is done, toss with buffalo sauce.
- To prepare your lettuce cups, fill lettuce with turkey, cheese, and ranch dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 2435mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What is your favorite better-for-you mealtime solution? Do you cook with ground turkey?
Quick Healthy Wraps:
- Kid-Friendly Avocado Recipes | Chicken Avocado Wrap Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Ranch BLT Lettuce Wraps
You might also like these Fried Artichoke Hearts With Garlic Aioli.
Free Printable Meal Plan
Looking for easy meal plans? When you sign up for my email list, you receive access to weekly meal plans including cocktails and desserts. Here’s a quick sample!
- Monday: Cheesy Chicken Sliders
- Tuesday: Meatless Chorizo Nachos or Sweet and Sour Lettuce Wraps
- Wednesday: Stuffed Peppers
- Thursday: Garlic Tempura Shrimp
- Friday: Naan Pizza night!
- Bonus: Try rainbow cupcakes for a dessert or an apple cobbler from the slow cooker. A fresh Florida fish dip is also a favorite for an appetizer.