This sweet and sour chicken lettuce wraps recipe was sponsored by Seeds of Change. All opinions are my own.
Do you need a quick and easy meal idea? Here is an Asian inspired meal, with a little assist from Seeds of Change new Simmer Sauces, that is fresh and healthy and makes a perfect lunch when you are tired of sandwiches. Seeds of Change offers healthier food for home cooks that are seeking convenience and great taste. And, this recipe can be tweaked to your liking! Let’s get cooking!
The star of this dish is the Seeds of Change simmering sauce. There are are a variety of flavors to choose from, but we decided to use the sweet and sour to pair with chicken. All of their sauces are certified organic and free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives with ingredients grown by trusted farmers who share the brand’s passion for goodness.
Seeds of Change is a true seed-to-plate brand committed to helping people create healthier and greener communities. To top it off, SoC donates 1 percent of sales to support and develop sustainable community-based farming and growing programs. To date, the company has awarded more than $1,000,000 in grants to support gardening and farming programs around the country. I love supporting companies that give back to communities.
It’s easy to add a sauce and simmer! For this particular recipe, we added the sweet and source simmer sauce and reduced to low heat while our chicken simmered in a large skillet. The sauces come in a no mess, easy-to-pour 8 oz. pouch. Sauté your favorite meat, fish or tofu until done, add a Seeds of Change® Organic Sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Easy, right!?
These lettuce wraps can be created in thirty minutes or less. Here’s how we prepared this easy weeknight meal!
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 packet Seeds of Change Sweet and Sour Simmer Sauce
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 oz. hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 cup this Asian rice noodles
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp, soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- Salt and pepper
- Cut chicken breast into small cubes. In large skillet, add half oil and chicken and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Add simmer sauce and reduce to low heat.
- In medium skillet or wok, add other half of oil, onion, pepper, palm hearts, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are crisp, yet tender.
- In medium pot, boil rice noodles over medium heat until cooked. Strain and let cool. Add vinegar, soy and sriracha, Mix together and chill.
- Rinse lettuce and remove individual leaves.
- Assemble wraps. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Want to try another flavor? Look for the sesame ginger teriyaki, taco roasted chipotle, mushroom, and tikka masala. I know that the taco roasted chipotle will be a fun way to prepare a soup or fajitas.
You can purchase these sauces (MSRP $3.29) at Target, Meijer, Albertsons, Publix, Harris Teeter and Price Chopper.
Which sauce do you want to try first? Do you like to mix it up with lettuce wraps?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by J. Scott Butherus (see all)
- Salmon BLT Sliders - November 21, 2017
- Vegetarian Egg Foo Yung - November 20, 2017
- Celebrating Our Family Traditions This Holiday Season - November 17, 2017