I have to admit that, like St. Patrick’s Day, it was really fun celebrating Cinco De Mayo pre-baby. Yes, I enjoyed heading out to a small bar after work with friends to enjoy some margaritas and maybe some tequila. One year we even went to an awesome Mexican restaurant in NYC for a delicious feast. But times change and now little holidays like this are celebrated at home, sometimes with friends and family, sometimes just us.
If you’re planning a celebration for Cinco De Mayo this year, I have a quick and easy guacamole recipe with a kick. Here’s the disclaimer, you must like blue cheese for this.
This is your basic guacamole recipe, with crumbled bleu cheese added in, and it’s heavenly. The blue cheese adds a tangy creaminess that is just oh so good with each bite. And when the guacamole is scooped onto a tortilla chip, the added saltiness from the chip makes it even better.
I love that this isn’t your usual guacamole and I think your guests will too. It takes all of 10 minutes to whip up, so it’s such an easy party dip to throw together.
- 4 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced with seeds removed
- 2 heaping tablespoons of crumbled bleu cheese
- Cut the avocados in half, take out the pits and scoop into a large bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice, lime juice, diced onion, garlic, salt and mash together.
- Add in the tomatoes and give a stir.
- Stir in the bleu cheese crumbles.
- Transfer guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with bleu cheese crumbles.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let chill before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 639mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 10gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Ready, set, dip away…
Cinco de Mayo Recipes:
Need a sweet spring treat? Try this Spring Party Dessert: Lemon Pudding Recipe.
- Effective And Practical Tips To Easily Maintain Your Outdoor Space - May 5, 2021
- Exhaustive guide into Permeable Concrete Driveways - May 4, 2021
- What To Do When Involved in a Truck Accident - May 4, 2021