Besides all the sparkles and hot pink, Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays for several reasons. It’s nice to have something to look forward to after all the fuss of the holiday season, and there’s chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. My husband and I got married on February 19th, so this time of year leaves me longing for romance, good food and beer, and spending time with the one person I love more than anything else. While he sometimes doesn’t always love all the desserts I whip up, there’s no denying chocolate. I have an easy way to add some sprinkles to your hearts day! If those ideas don’t inspire you to melt some chocolate to make some chocolate desserts, maybe this one will!
I always make chocolate bark for every occasion. It’s easy to do, and you can make it in SO many different. Just add sprinkles to melted chocolate, let set in the freezer or the refrigerator, and enjoy. It’s basically the best way to surprise someone with a sweet treat.
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- Melt milk chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute or so, stirring frequently.
- Add wax paper to a large baking dish. Pour melted chocolate into the dish, using a spoon to spread into a thin layer.
- Move baking dish into the refrigerator to set.
- After thirty minutes or so, melt white chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute or so, stirring frequently.
- With the milk chocolate set, top with the melted white chocolate. Use a spoon to spread into a thin even layer on top.
- Add sprinkles, chocolate chips, or other extras to your chocolate bark.
- Put back in the refrigerator to harden.
What’s your favorite chocolate treat?
Control the Christmas Chaos!
Get organized for the holidays with this printable Christmas planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Colorful Cheap Planner For Busy Moms | Busy Mom Planner on a Budget - December 10, 2018
- Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls | Easy Christmas Breakfast Ideas - December 6, 2018
- Quick Cranberry Pancakes - December 5, 2018