There are so many amazing blockbuster movies in the theaters right now, but there is still some that we are renting or streaming! Since we have a little one running around, movie nights are kind of our go to weekend activity. It’s a fun way for us to hang out, and my toddler can stay still for a few moments while watching our “big screen.”
We always make snacks and share drinks, and I have a few ideas for your next movie night! Make this white chocolate cookie popcorn and sip on your favorite drink.
We buy soda in bulk so we always have a mixer on hand and are ready for any holiday party.
Ready to make your own sweet movie treat?
- 10 cups of popped popcorn
- 12 oz Wilton white chocolate candy melts
- 2 Go-Cup containers of mini Oreo cookies
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into a microwavable safe dish and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Line 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the 10 cups of popcorn into a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the top (see photos).
- Gently stir the chocolate into the popcorn coating all all the pieces.
- Break the mini OREOs in 1/2 or 1/4's, add in, and stir to combine.
- Pour the popcorn out onto the baking sheets and evenly spread it out. Sprinkle with any extra Oreo pieces.
- Let the popcorn set for 30 minutes and then gently break apart the pieces and store in an airtight container for snacking or gift giving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 240mg Carbohydrates: 65g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 52g Protein: 7g
This simple and sweet treat is perfect for movie fans from 2 to 102!
What’s your favorite movie snack? Did you know that you can even make your own OREO Play Dough?!