The holiday season has all of my favorite flavors in a rotation in my recipes: mocha, peppermint, gingerbread, eggnog. I go nuts adding seasonal ingredients to basically everything. For our winter movie nights, we pop in a rental and enjoy some gingerbread popcorn!
This simple recipe combines molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to make a seasonal snack that is perfect to share! You can make a few batches of this popcorn and gift it easily. A fun way to give a gift to friends, family, teachers, neighbors, and any other special people in your life is to surprise them with a Redbox e-gift card or a promo code bundle! Add some popcorn, and your gift is ready to give
To pair your favorite new movies with a seasonal snack, whip up a batch of this popcorn.
Combine cinnamon, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla extract, and a few other ingredients to make a delicious treat!
- 12 C. popped popcorn
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs. molasses
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Line 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and molasses. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally until it reaches 305 degrees (hard crack stage for making candy)
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the spice mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the popcorn in a large bowl and gently stir to coat all the pieces.
- Pour the popcorn out onto the baking sheets and evenly distribute it.
- Allow the popcorn to set and then break into pieces and store in an airtight container for gift giving and snacking.
Redbox Gift Tag
Ready to give Redbox this holiday season? Print out this gift tag and attach it to this gingerbread popcorn!
So, #GiveALilRedbox this holiday season! What’s your favorite holiday snack?
Christmas Decor Guide
Score your free holiday decor guide.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- lake + loft dream.plan.do planner review - December 15, 2018
- Christmas at Disney World: Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House - December 15, 2018
- Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Florida - December 14, 2018