This post was sponsored by Redbox as part of a program with Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
The holiday season has all of my favorite flavors in rotation in my recipes: mocha, peppermint, gingerbread, egg nog. I go nuts adding in seasonal ingredients into basically everything. For our winter movie nights, we pop in a Redbox rental and enjoy some gingerbread popcorn!
This simple recipe combines molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to make a seasonal snack that is perfect to share! You can make a few batches of this popcorn and gift it easily. A fun way to give a gift to friends, family, teachers, neighbors, and any other special people in your life is to surprise them with a Redbox e-gift card or a promo code bundle! Add some popcorn, and your gift is ready to give!
Redbox offers new-release DVDs, Blu-ray and video game rentals through their self-service kiosks. Did you know there are more Redbox kiosks in the U.S. than McDonald’s and Starbucks combined? You can use Redbox promo codes for 1-day rentals on movies and games. Redeem them at the box or online if you make reservations. I LOVE to reserve movies through the app on my phone since it’s SO easy! Redbox promo codes never expire, and the promo code bundles and e-gift cards are the perfect way to give the gift of a movie or game night, for as low as $1.50 a person.
Play Pass is Redbox’s points-based rewards program that offers exclusive deals and freebies – like a free movie night just for signing up.
To pair your favorite new movies with a seasonal snack, whip up a batch of this popcorn.
Combine cinnamon, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla extract, and a few other ingredients to make a delicious treat!
- 12 C. popped popcorn
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs. molasses
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Line 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and molasses. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally until it reaches 305 degrees (hard crack stage for making candy)
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the spice mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the popcorn in a large bowl and gently stir to coat all the pieces.
- Pour the popcorn out onto the baking sheets and evenly distribute it.
- Allow the popcorn to set and then break into pieces and store in an airtight container for gift giving and snacking.
Redbox Gift Tag
Ready to give Redbox this holiday season? Print out this gift tag and attach it to this gingerbread popcorn!
So, #GiveALilRedbox this holiday season! What’s your favorite holiday snack?
Rustic Chic Christmas Decor Guide
Download Rustic Christmas Decor Ideas for creative inspiration for your holiday home decor. These home ideas are simple and easy for your busy holiday plans.