A quick and easy Christmas dessert your kids will love to eat (and help you make!). Try this Christmas cookie dessert idea for your next Christmas cookie exchange.
OREOs may be one of my guilty pleasures, but they can be upgraded to make a deliciously decadent dessert!
I’ve made chocolate covered OREOs before, but this idea combines my favorite holiday flavor…peppermint. I go nuts during the holidays for all things minty including peppermint mocha coffees, brownies, cookies, and of course, peppermint bark. By using OREOs as a base for this peppermint bark, I can create a sweet treat in half the time.
To get started, gather chocolate chips, peppermint extract, candy canes, and of course, OREOs.
On parchment paper, spread out OREOs. Crush candy canes with a rolling pin or a spoon in a plastic bag. Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave carefully until thoroughly heated through. Add peppermint extract for flavor.
Drizzle white chocolate using a squeeze bottle or carefully with a spoon. Repeat this process with regular chocolate chips. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top before the chocolate cools. Enjoy immediately or transfer the cookies to a refrigerator to set faster.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 24 OREOs
- 3-4 candy canes (peppermint flavored)
- Spread Oreos out on parchment paper. Crush candy canes with a rolling pin or back of a wooden spoon in a plastic bag.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth, then add ½ tsp peppermint extract.
- Carefully transfer melted white chocolate into a squeeze bottle and then drizzle all over the OREOs in desired pattern.
- Repeat with chocolate chips, omitting the extract this time. Drizzle onto the OREOs over the white chocolate.
- Before chocolate cools, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Enjoy immediately or let the chocolate set first at room temperature. Transfer cookies to fridge for fast setting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Consider making a big batch for your Christmas cookie exchange or for a fun classroom treat. Kids LOVE to help crush candy canes, and this is a fun one to decorate together.
- Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls | Easy Christmas Breakfast Ideas
- Christmas Dessert Idea | Cranberry Cheesecake Bites
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies
What is your favorite holiday cookie recipe?
- How to Properly Train Your Yorkie - January 15, 2022
- Understanding the Benefits of Hiring a Professional Roofer - January 15, 2022
- Kayaking With Friends? Here Are A Few Things To Prepare - January 15, 2022