Sometimes I dream of setting up a big Christmas breakfast or preparing something overnight in the slow cooker…but it never happens. This Christmas morning breakfast idea is fast, easy, AND delicious. You’re going to love it!
It’s totally okay to use shortcuts every now and then in the kitchen, and we use Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls for a variety of reasons. You can add your own personal touch to them to surprise your family.
To create your own Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls, make sure you have a fresh tube of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls, powdered sugar, green food coloring, water, sprinkles, and candy stars. The rest is up to you for personalization!
The magic in this recipe is unrolling the cinnamon roll dough. Create a tree shape by “zig zagging” the cinnamon roll back and forth.
It is easy, I promise! As you create your “trees,” place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. You will prepare these according to package instructions (13-15 minutes in a 375 degree oven).
When your cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the icing with powdered sugar and water. This is an optional step that you can do if you’d like to make MORE icing.
The Pillsbury Grands packaging includes icing, and you will now add a few drops of green food coloring to it. Mix well. When your rolls are baked and cooled, spread your green icing on each one.
Encourage everyone to decorate their cinnamon tree as desired. Sprinkles, candy stars, and whatever else you can think of.
- Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- ½ tsp. Water
- Candy Sprinkles Nonpareils
- Candy Stars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the cinnamon rolls and unroll each one. Form into a tree shape by zigzagging the cinnamon roll back and forth. Starting with a longer piece and continue to zigzag smaller as you go up.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- While those are baking, mix the powdered sugar and water together to make extra icing. (This step is optional and only necessary if you want more icing).
- Add the icing that came in the package with the icing you made and add 3-4 drops of green food coloring. Mix well.
- Once cinnamon rolls are baked and cooled slightly, spread an even layer of icing on each one.
- Add the sprinkles (ornaments), a star on top and Enjoy!
More Christmas Recipe Ideas
Christmas Decor Guide
Score your free holiday decor guide.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019