Do you have a special Christmas treat that you make on the morning of December 25th? Or, do you need a simple treat to share at an office holiday party? These sprinkled Christmas donuts are easy to make and share, and they are certainly festive!
These donuts are actually made with cake mix and include fun sprinkles! You can find this Wilton donut pan here on Amazon too.
Besides a box of white cake mix, holiday sprinkles are a necessity! A large gallon freezer bag and kitchen scissors will make prep a breeze.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the cake mix with water, oil, and egg according to package instructions. Don’t forget to add the sprinkles! This is when the freezer bag is important. Scoop the batter into the gallon freezer bag. Seal the bag and snip one corner with the kitchen scissors. Gently squeeze the batter into the donut wells, filling each about 3/4 full.
Once they have cooled, heat the frosting in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. You want it soft but not completely melted. Generously frost each donut and then decorate with sprinkles.
You can make approximately 18-24 donuts with this recipe.
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 1/2 C. green & red holiday sprinkles + extra for decorating the donuts
- 1 C. water
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- large gallon freezer bag
- kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the 6 count donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix with the water, oil and egg.
- Fold the holiday sprinkles into the batter
- Scoop the batter into the gallon freezer bag. Seal the bag and snip 1 corner with the kitchen scissors.
- Gently squeeze the batter into the donut wells, filling each about 3/4 full (see photo).
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Remove the donuts from the donut pan, and repeat the baking process with the rest of the donut batter.
- Once the donuts have cooled, heat the frosting in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. You want it soft but not completely melted.
- Generously frost each donut and then decorate with sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: Makes approximately 18-24 donuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 23g Protein: 2g
Christmas Breakfast Recipes:
- Christmas Tree Pancakes
- Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls | Easy Christmas Breakfast Ideas
- Easy Breakfast Idea: Alaska Salmon Cream Cheese
- Frittata Recipe For Brunch