I’ll never forget the first time I really enjoyed Twizzlers Twists. I used to work at a movie theater as a teenager, and I remember sampling the original strawberry flavor. I enjoyed them through movie marathons, and they became my go-to snack for lazy afternoons. When I saw that Walmart had a Twizzlers Twists summer display with many different flavors, I was in heaven! I immediately knew I had to incorporate these products into my next red, white, and blue soiree.
Twizzlers Twists are such a versatile snack that you can do so many things with them. I wanted to make two simple recipes for the Fourth of July that focused on sweet treats! If you’re planning a holiday get together, don’t forget to stock up on Twizzlers Twists.
I first made cereal bars with marshmallows and used Twizzlers Twists to create cute patriotic desserts. Let’s get started!
You can buy pre-made cereal bars or you can make them yourself. Either way, they’re a fast creation!
Use gel frosting to draw a flag onto each bar.
After you draw the stripes, prepare your Twizzlers Pull N Peel candy. Simply pull apart each Twizzlers Twists and separate and keep the red and blue separate.
It’s a fast way to decorate this dessert! Pull apart the Twizzler Twists so that it fits perfectly on the cereal bar as the stripes.
You can even add sprinkles to make the flag complete.
So, how would you create your cereal bar treats?
- 1 bag of Twizzlers Pull N Peel
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- Red gel frosting
- Blue gel frosting
- White sprinkles, optional
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cereal.
- Stir until coated.
- Spread evenly into a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Draw red stripes using the frosting.
- Using the Twizzlers Pull N Peel, separate the red and blue candy pieces.
- Place red candy pieces over the red frosting stripes.
- You can also use the white pieces to create white stripes if you desire.
- Add sprinkles! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 0gSugar: 46gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Once you have a sweet treat prepared, create a fun beverage for your special July 4th party. I love lemonade, but I love it even better when fresh fruit is added! Infuse your beverage with Twizzlers Twists for a unique take on a summertime favorite!
You can create Twizzlers Twists punch in a variety of different ways according to your taste preferences, but I love pairing the strawberry candy flavor with raspberry!
Start with a homemade lemonade (or you can buy a premade raspberry lemonade!) and muddle fresh raspberries at the bottom of your glass. Chop Twizzlers Twists to add to your lemonade. Garnish with a Twizzlers Twists. Enjoy!
How do you enjoy Twizzlers Twists? Do you celebrate the 4th of July with any special treats?
July 4th Recipes:
- Fourth of July Fruit & Cake Push Pops
- Fourth of July Cake in a Jar Dessert Recipe
- Fourth of July Snack Mix Recipe
- Pretty Patriotic 4th of July Party
- How to figure out the right refrigerator water filter? - January 17, 2023
- Want to Start a Business? Check Out These Potentially Profitable Business Ideas - January 17, 2023
- These Tried-And-True Marketing Tips Will Help Grow Your Small Business - January 17, 2023