Are you ready to surprise your sweetie with homemade cookies? These sandwich cookies are easy to prepare and TASTE amazing!
There’s more than one way to make a sandwich cookie, and these pink frosted cookies with sprinkles might just become your new favorite way to celebrate February 14th.
Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe
Grab a round frosting tip, disposable piping bag, Valentine’s Day sprinkles, and a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- 1 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 C. flour
- Frosting (I used strawberry)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened butter. Whip until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extra and egg, continue to mix.
- Sift in the 3 cups of flour and baking powder.
- The mixture will be stiff so use your hands to finish mixing, if needed.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 smaller batches.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick.
- Use the heart cookie cutters to cut out the heart shaped cookies, you will want a even amount of cookies to make the treats.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2" a part.
- Place the cookies in the oven.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes and let cool completely.
- Attach the frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with strawberry frosting.
- Gently frost the edges of the bottom of a heart shaped cookie.
- Gently place another heart shaped cookie bottom side down on the frosting so it creates cookie sandwich.
- Poor the Valentine sprinkles into a small dish and gently press the sides the cookie sandwich into the Valentine sprinkles.
- Repeat with all the cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Once your cookies are cooled, you can start stacking and frosting. This is where you can get creative.
Opt for Valentine’s Day sprinkles or switch out the colors for another seasonal treat. Consider green and yellow for St. Patrick’s Day, pink and blue for Easter, or red and blue for July 4th.
Need more Valentine’s Day Inspiration?
Valentine’s Day Ideas:
- Pink Hot Chocolate: A Sweet Cocoa Recipe For Valentine’s Day
- 20+ Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids
- Valentine’s Day RumChata Cocktail Recipe: RumChata Cocktails
- Money-Saving Tips And Advice: How To Ensure A Safe Future - September 18, 2021
- 4 Simple Home Remodeling Ideas To Prepare For Winter - September 18, 2021
- Are You Looking For Financial Advice? Here Are Some Useful Tips - September 17, 2021