Your kids will go crazy for these creepy Halloween spider cupcakes! They’re easy to make, adorable, and delicious, so serve up a batch at your party no matter how old your party guests are. (Who doesn’t love Oreos?! Now that’s scary!)
Because you’ll have to use candy melts and pipe out white icing, this may be a recipe to have your older kids help with. Serve these along side a few mummy dogs and you’ll be ready to do the Monster Mash!
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 12 Oreo or similar chocolate cookies
- Black colored candy melts
- White icing of your choice
- Candy Eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with mixer in between each egg.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Alternate slowly adding milk and dry ingredients, beat well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- Pipe white icing onto cupcakes- doesn't need to be neat, think spider web.
- Add Oreo cookie.
- Melt a handful of black candy melts to draw on spider legs.
- Attach candy eyes with icing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Once you frost them, you can see the spider come to life! It’s a fun way to prepare a cupcake.
Hooray for Halloween! Check out my Halloween ideas and recipes here!