Each and every week, I’ll be sharing easy ways to maximize your dollar at your local dollar store. From five dollar meal ideas to closet organization, you can find a LOT for just a buck. This marks the beginning of my fifth month of weekly articles about saving money. Don’t forget to catch up in the dollar store archives.
I’m a bit of an office supply junkie. From pretty post its to push pins, I can’t get enough of colorful office supplies. Even though I work at home now, I still keep my office fully stocked with staples, pens, and notebooks. I have been sharing weekly dollar store deals in a variety of subjects, but this week it’s all about office supplies! There are many dollar stores in your area, but Target’s One Spot is where I prefer to load up on my office goodies. Here are a few ideas to add some color to your office on a budget!
Must Have Dollar Store Office Supplies
1. Sticky Notes. This is kind of a given! There’s hardly a better office supply than a sticky note and the dollar store has plenty. These little note pads make organization easy. I use sticky notes in my planner to call attention to my “must dos” or to stick on my monitor to remind myself to make phone calls.
2. Organizational Totes. The Dollar Store has a wonderful variety of organizational totes available. No matter what type of tote you’re looking for, you can find it for a $1. I like to find the funkiest basket or tote I can find and stack a few into my office.
3. Plastic organizers. Whenever I find these at Target or the Dollar Tree, I stock up! I love them so much!
You can use them to store cosmetics, paper clips, organize your washi tape, or hold change.
4. Page flags. The holy grail of Target’s One Spot! These page flags are almost too popular that you can never find them. I’m in a few Facebook groups for stationery addicts, and these page flags can go for a pretty penny. I am not the kind of person to buy $1 items and mark them up (but take a look at eBay and see what’s available!), but if you see them in your store stock up! They are the perfect size for your planner or can be used as a bookmark or markers inside your textbooks.
5. Writing Utensils. In today’s technology filled world, I’m one of those people who still use pen and paper. I love finding all sorts of writing utensils at the Dollar Store. The quality of dollar pens at Target is actually NOT bad! I love their cute patterned pens, and I use them regularly. While my favorite brand of pen (Staedtler) is a bit pricey, it’s nice to have a few ballpoint pens on my desk just in case.
I also have quite the affinity for punchy pencils. I usually write out my daily to do list in pencil and mark it off in pen. Something about the color contrast is motivating for me.
6. Washi Tape. Washi tape is so much more than an office supply! It’s a fun way to get crafty or decorate your planner. I’ve used it to decorate picture frames, kitchen utensils, and even my spiral notebooks.
On good days, my local Dollar Tree has these adorable rolls of paper tape for (obviously) a buck. They have fun colors and patterns and even seasonal options.
7. Office Cleaning Supplies. Raise your hand if you like to have a clean office! I love the idea of a clean office and I can find so many cleaning supplies at my local Dollar Store. I usually grab anything from microfiber clothes to window cleaner.
8. Office Décor. What fun is an office without decorations? Target One Spot has the best office décor out there. I love being able to find little picture frames and knick knacks. From pencil cups to cute buckets for all sorts of odds and ends, my desk certainly has a few of these items and so should yours!
9. List pads. I use list pads for meal plans, daily plans, notes, everything. One way that you can use a weekly list pad involves a laminator! I actually laminate a page or two and insert it into my planner. That way you can reuse it every day!
10. Clipboards. These mini clipboards from Target are too cute. I use them to hold my daily to-do list or as decoration on my desk. 😉
Buying office supplies can add up, if you’re not careful, which is why I buy all my supplies at the local Dollar Store. I’ve been able to save some serious money that way. I use office supplies for blog photography props, for planner organization, and to actually USE too. I have a few more posts about this coming up in my dollar series. Keep reading for more!
What’s your favorite kind of office supplies?
Want more office inspiration?
What is your summer must-have?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 4 Things New Homeowners Should Know About Their Kitchens - April 18, 2019
- New at Hollywood Studios: Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy - April 17, 2019
- What’s the Deal with Wild-Caught Fish? - April 17, 2019