This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QualityFreshPork #GetGrillingAmerica #CollectiveBias
Quick and easy is the theme of my summer cooking. I don’t like to spend too much time meal planning when school is out…I’d much rather be at a theme park or the beach! I look for family-friendly ideas that combine our favorite flavors with budget-friendly ingredients that we love. I’ve been experimenting with better-for-you swaps, and I think I perfected my favorite summer bowl! Skip the drive-through and grab a cauliflower rice bowl starring fresh pork from Walmart!
I’m new to cauliflower rice, and I haven’t used it much. Whether you make it at yourself at home or buy it already prepared, it is the BEST base for pairing with your favorite taco bowl ingredients. I have previously made pork tacos before, but this taco bowl lets you add more flavor with marinaded ribs. I shopped at Walmart to pick up everything I need including high-quality fresh pork.
Pork is a delicious protein for your taco bowl, and I love how it is simple, versatile, and flavorful. Walmart offers marinated fresh pork and fresh pork ribs which offer great flavor and are an easy option for summer grilling. Grab a slab of ribs and let’s get cooking!
To get started, gather your ingredients. For this recipe idea, we used pork, cauliflower rice, tomatoes, Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream but you can opt for sour cream!), and reduced fat shredded cheese.
To prepare the pork, we grill! We use vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to season them.
Cauliflower Rice Taco Bowl Recipe
We also continue to brush the ribs while they cook with our vinegar mixture. Extra flavor easily! Cooking another pork cut? Chops, loins, and roasts are best enjoyed when cooked to 145℉ with a 3-minute rest. Check the temperature for chops, loins, and roasts:
- Medium Rare: 145-150℉
- Medium: 150-155℉
- Medium Well: 155-160℉
- Well: 160℉
Once your ribs are ready, you can begin to assemble your cauliflower rice bowl.
You can create a taco bar with toppings. Some of my favorite taco bowl toppings are cilantro, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, sour cream (or swap for Greek Yogurt for a healthier alternative), and lettuce. For my cauliflower pork bowl, I kept it simple with tomatoes and cheese.
- 1 package of pork ribs
- 1 package of cauliflower rice (or you may prepare your own)
- 1 can of tomatoes (or use fresh)
- 1 container of Greek yogurt (as a swap for sour cream)
- 1 package of reduced-fat shredded cheese
- For the ribs: apple cider vinegar, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add seasoning to ribs.
- Mix juices, vinegar and spices together in a sealable bowl or container.
- Brush ribs with approximately 1/3 of the marinade and seal in a plastic bag.
- Heat your grill to high heat, place ribs directly over heat for 5-10 minutes to sear.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Using the remaining marinade periodically baste or brush meat every 5-10 minutes.
- Cook until meat is tender.
- When meat is finished, assemble your taco bowls.
- Use cauliflower as a base and top with tomatoes, cheese, Greek yogurt, and ribs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 18g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Look for fresh pork at your local Walmart. I used Smithfield® in this recipe, but you can look for your preferred brand. What’s your favorite way to cook with pork?
Fast Pork Recipes
- Grilled Tropical Pork Tacos: Pineapple Pork Taco Recipe
- Easy Pork Chop Recipes: Lemon Oregano Pork
- Pork Taco Cauliflower Rice Bowl