Cool off this summer with an easy sweet treat! These mini ice cream sandwich pops are crowd pleasers!
Extra sprinkles for me please! How can you say no to an ice cream sandwich on a stick? I admit that I’m not the biggest fan of ice cream sandwiches. They can be quite boring compared to other sweets, however, you can upgrade a plain ice cream sandwich to something more lively with popsicle sticks and sprinkles!
Ice Cream Sandwich Pops Supplies
One of the first things to do for this recipe idea is to make sure the sticks are the perfect length for your treat. If you don’t mind a longer stick, you won’t have to do anything. However, we preferred the shorter stick size so we actually cut off about a fourth of the top of each wooden stick.
Remove the paper from the ice cream sandwiches and cut each one in half. Push the stick into the “cut” end of the sandwich. Lay these on a baking sheet and put in the freezer so they can harden up.
Pour the vanilla chips into a bowl and melt. Dip the corner of each ice cream sandwich into the melted chocolate. Quickly add your sprinkles, M&Ms, or other candies to decorate. Finish dipping the rest of the ice cream sandwiches so that you can get them back in the freezer.
Once everything has frozen together, serve!
- 8 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 11 oz. pkg. Vanilla Baking Chips
- 16 Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- ½ cup M & M’s Candy
- An assortment of sprinkles
- First, cut off about a fourth of the top of each wooden stick. You can opt not to do this step if you don’t mind a longer stick, but I wanted my sticks a little shorter.
- Remove the paper from the ice cream sandwiches and cut each one in half.
- Push a stick into the cut end of each ice cream sandwich making sure to stop so the stick doesn’t pop through the top. Lay these on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put in the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden them back up.
- Pour about half the white chips into a small bowl and melt in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between each one until fully melted.
- Dip the corner of each ice cream sandwich into the melted chocolate. Quickly sprinkle on the M & Mm’s or sprinkles and lay back on the baking sheet.
- Finish dipping the rest of the sandwiches and get them back into the freezer as quick as you can because they will start to get melty.
- You can serve these in about an hour after they are solid again or leave in the freezer overnight to serve the next day.
- Have fun!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Create these for a special party using sprinkles to match the theme or create them for holidays. Try red, white, and blue for July 4th or orange and black for Halloween.
- No Bake S’mores Bark Recipe
- Creamy Avocado Drink: Agua Fresca de Aguacate
- Upside Down Pineapple Cake Jello Shots Recipe
- Vanilla Poke Cake
- Birthday Cake Cups
- Brewing Your Coffee Has Never Been Easier With The Help Of These Tips - May 8, 2021
- Senior Living: How to Help Your Parents Make the Right Choice - May 7, 2021
- Tips to Save Money While Couponing - May 6, 2021