I sure do love a good avocado. It makes for the perfect snack, side dish, salad ingredient, taco filling, and toast topper! There are far too many recipe ideas that you can create using the flavor of avocados, and we recently had the pleasure of hosting a party with friends and family to celebrate all things avocado! Keep reading for two amazingly simple recipes that are perfect for your next backyard BBQ (or basically at any time!).
Avocados contain naturally good monounsaturated fat and are cholesterol free. Naturally good fats are an important part of a healthy diet. This is why I try to incorporate an avocado serving into meals that I already love and create like tacos and salads. Fun fact: Avocados, which are a fruit although most people think of them as a vegetable, contain less than one gram of sugar per 1-ounce, the least amount of sugar per serving of any other fresh fruit. Crazy, right? So versatile, fresh avocados can be used in any meal or dish. They can be used as a recipe substitute for bad fats, a way to add naturally good fats, a nutrient-dense fruit to add nutrient value, and as a vegan or vegetarian possible alternative to dairy products.
Vegan Avocado Ceviche
This was a surprise hit! We love ceviche (I once ordered it off the back of a boat in The Bahamas), but we have never made it like this. With simple and fresh ingredients like a fresh Hass avocado, cauliflower, tomatoes, red onions, garlic, cilantro, and peppers, it was a fast appetizer to share. This will be my new party go to snack since it was easy to prepare and everyone loved it.
- 1 ripe, fresh Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cauliflower, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt and olive oil.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with homemade pita chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Avocado Party Ideas
We used large chip and dip bowls to store ceviche and chips to go with it. Teal is kind of my color this time of year, so it was easy to set up a party table with this bright color. Avocados made great table decor too so that guests knew what the theme of the day was.
Recipe cards were handed out so that everyone could go home and recreate their own versions of these tasty dishes, and shirts were happily worn!
How do you like your avocados? You might like this peach avocado salsa too!
Avocado Recipe Ideas:
- Kid-Friendly Avocado Recipes | Chicken Avocado Wrap Recipe
- Avocado and Mango Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Drink
Free Printable Meal Plan
Looking for easy meal plans? When you sign up for my email list, you receive access to weekly meal plans including cocktails and desserts. Here’s a quick sample!
- Monday: Greek Nachos
- Tuesday: Meatless Chorizo Nachos
- Wednesday: Black Bean Burgers
- Thursday: Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
- Friday: Naan Pizza night!
- Bonus: Try rainbow cupcakes for a dessert or an apple cobbler from the slow cooker.
- Effective And Practical Tips To Easily Maintain Your Outdoor Space - May 5, 2021
- Exhaustive guide into Permeable Concrete Driveways - May 4, 2021
- What To Do When Involved in a Truck Accident - May 4, 2021