This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. #MyMcCainPotatoes #CollectiveBias
Break out the burgers…it’s time for a burger slider bar party! To celebrate the upcoming hockey games, we hosted a get together for an epic game time watch party with a special slider bar with a not-so-secret ingredient. We love McCain® potatoes and have used them for a while now. Not only are they are a tasty side dish, but they make an epic slider bar topping! Since they’re made with real potatoes, they are the perfect game day spread idea.
Ready to try smile sliders? We found McCain® products at Walmart, and it was hard to not buy ALL of them! 😉 We looked for McCain® Smiles® Mashed Potato Shapes which are fun shapes to share. We thought they would be a delicious burger topping and slider bar option. We also picked up McCain® Seasoned Curly Fries Seasoned Potato Fries for another slider bar topping idea, and they add a burst of flavor to your menu! With a crispy exterior, they offer a satisfying crunch with every bite. Whether you want to dip them or layer them or even try them on a slider, you’re going to love them! When you shop, stock up! From now until 5/31/19, you can get $1.50 off when you purchase two participating McCain® products at Walmart. Submit your rebate and learn more details here!
Hockey Watch Party: Slider Bar Party Ideas
Let’s make epic waffle fry and smile sliders! We use a few time-saving hacks to make your slider bar set up fast and easy. To get started, prepare potatoes according to package instructions. If you have access to an air fryer, cook frozen fries in that. We actually have two air fryers so we are able to prepare double the amount of food in half the time. It helps us prepare for game day parties, and you can usually find air fryers with a frozen fry setting too!
While your fries are cooking, prepare your sliders. You can use prepared sliders or make your own. I like to shop ground beef patties to save time, but it is not a problem to make your own. We use dinner rolls as slider buns, and we gauge the size of each burger patty before cooking to make sure it will fit. My husband lovingly called our sliders “hockey pucks” to stick to the hockey gameday theme. Season your ground beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, and onion powder.
We prepared them in a cast iron skillet. You don’t need to fire up the grill for this recipe! Add oil to a cast iron skillet to let it heat up. Add slider-sized burger patties and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until preferred doneness. When the burgers and fries are done, you’re ready to party!
To prepare a slider hockey puck style, use a dinner roll and slice it in half. Top with a burger patty, American cheese, and a waffle fry or smile potato fry. Add your favorite toppings like ketchup, mayo, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Set up your hockey party burger bar and enjoy the game! Use paper containers to store fries for easy reach, and let guests serve themselves. Encourage them to make their own sliders using McCain products from Walmart. Which combination is your favorite? Do you love the waffle fry slider or the smile fry slider?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, as needed
- 2 tbsp oil for the skillet
- American cheese
- Slider buns (we used Hawaiian dinner rolls)
Slider bar toppings:
- McCain® Smiles® Mashed Potato Shapes
- Prepare french fries according to package instructions. While the fries are cooking, prepare your sliders.
- Combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Create sliders with about three tablespoon sized balls. Flatten them in the palm of your hand according to size of slider buns.
- Heat skillet with oil for a minute or two until hot.
- Add sliders to the pan and cook for two to three minutes on each side. Check meat for doneness before finishing! We like ours medium so it only takes a few minutes.
- Set up your slider bar and add your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 106mg Sodium: 1488mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 34g
Which variety do you want to try first?!
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Keep Your Dog Happy This Festive Season - December 10, 2019
- 4 Great Ways to Simplify Your House Move - December 10, 2019
- Ways Property Owners Can Handle Emergency Situations at Their Rentals - December 10, 2019