If you’re hosting a party or planning a tapas style dinner night, try infusing the flavors of olives with your meal. Whether you decide to host two or twenty, these two appetizers will be perfect for entertaining guests or a quiet date night at home.
Since I am always experimenting with easy recipes, I decided to take two simple combinations and add these flavorful olives to the recipes. The results included an olive and feta bruschetta along with a spicy side salad!
To prep these two easy recipes in a hurry, you first need quality olives. Grab a few other fresh vegetables, and get ready for an awesome dish to share.
- 8 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 tbsp basil pesto cooking sauce (try finding this near the produce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of Olives from Spain green olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced and toasted
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Let chill for an hour or so in the refrigerator.
- Slice the loaf of bread in thin slices. Toast slices for 3 minutes in an oven heated to 350 degrees.
- Top toasted bread with a table spoon of olive bruschetta mix.
I love toasted French bread, and I have come to be quite the bruschetta fan. It’s my go to appetizer for parties and holidays, and I’ve tried making other combinations with peppers or onions. However, using green olives was quite flavorful!
How do you eat your olives?
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach - October 13, 2018
- Degusta Box Review: Stock Up on Snacks and Experiment in the Kitchen - October 13, 2018
- How to Save Time on Errands - October 13, 2018