Looking for a refreshing summer dish that uses seasonal vegetables? You’ve found it! I never used to like pasta salad, but I was missing OUT! I had no idea it could be so flavorful. When I discovered just how much I enjoyed it, I vowed to use this recipe more often as a side dish (or even for lunch!). I recommend that you give it a try. Add your own twist with your favorite veggies or top with grilled chicken or shrimp.
This pasta dish features a dash of wine, onion, and more. Keep reading for the recipe!
When you combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and garlic salt, you will love how much better this tastes than a pre-packaged seasoning. As for your veggies, I used radishes, zucchini, and red onion. I could have added cucumbers too!
I have been enjoying squash a lot more lately. I like to slice it thin and bake it covered in olive oil and garlic. This is another way that I can convince myself to eat it. You can also add peppers.
- 12 oz package of bowtie pasta
- 1 medium size yellow pepper, cut into smaller chunks
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and cut into halves
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 1/3 C. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1-2 tsp. garlic salt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according package directions, about 10-12 minutes in boiling water. Remove from heat and drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Add all the fresh veggies to a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and garlic salt. Whisk together.
- Add the cold pasta to the bowl with fresh veggies. Pour the dressing on top and stir to mix everything together.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 875mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Clean Eating Menu Ideas:
- AMAZING Summer Cocktails: The Best Peach Cocktails 🍑🍹 - July 24, 2020
- Peach Margarita Recipe: Recipe for Frozen Margarita 🍑 - July 24, 2020
- Reese’s Recipes: 30+ Recipes With Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups - July 24, 2020