If you’re a cilantro addict like me, you are so going to love the refreshing combinations of beans, peppers, and cilantro! I actually don’t usually cook with beans, but it’s a simple way to make an easy lunch or a fun side dish. Top with green onions and flavorful corn for a delicious southwest inspired salad that is perfect for summer entertaining or snacking.
You might have most or all of these ingredients in your pantry, so it’s a simple way to whip up a cool and refreshing seasonal salad. I would make double of this recipe so that I could leftovers later in the week.
I love tomatoes most of all, so I would add a few extras in my salad. 😉 I also think this can be a fun way to jazz up nachos too. If you need a simple appetizer, consider creating this salad and pairing it with your favorite tortillas!
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans. drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
- *You could also add corn if you wish.
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad and mix well.
- Prepare the dressing. Add the ingredients together.
- Toss the salad to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
[amazon-related-products keywords=”salad cookbooks”]
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019