Salads are always my go-to lunch idea, but lately, I’ve been making heartier salads for dinner too. Whether it’s a shrimp caesar salad or steak and blue cheese combination, I have been experimenting with dressings and toppings to create a unique dinner salad at least once a week.
To make a steak fajita salad with a kick, you only need a few ingredients for this spicy dish. I love Mexican food in all forms, but steak on a salad is a treat. I usually order steak salads at restaurants, and I had yet to make one at home.
It’s an easy recipe that can be made in a hurry and customized to your tastes. Add extra spice or keep it simple with healthy salad toppings.
- 1 pound of sliced fajita beef
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup of shredded cheese, mozzarella is my favorite
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- Keto: Ranch/Blue Cheese OR Whole30: Use an oil/vinegar salad dressing.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and add beef. Season with cumin, garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Cook until desired doneness.
- Add romaine lettuce to a salad bowl.
- Top with shredded cheese, sliced tomatoes, and beef strips.
- Toss with Hidden Valley Sweet Chili salad dressing or stay keto/whole30 compliant by using oil/vinegar [Whole30] or blue cheese/ranch [Keto].
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 929Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1116mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 49g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
The dressing added a sweet and spicy flavor that complemented the meat perfectly. The dressing could also be used on many other dishes too. It would be great with chicken tenders in place of your favorite sweet and sour sauce or even on top of a chili shrimp salad!
If you don’t have sweet chili dressing, ranch or blue cheese are AMAZING options. This salad can be KETO friendly OR Whole30 friendly (just opt for an oil/vinegar salad dressing with no added sugar).
Need other ideas for new ingredients in your favorite recipes?
What is your favorite kind of salad or salad dressing?
Salad Recipe Ideas:
- Florida Grapefruit Chicken Salad Recipe
- Garlic Rosemary Chicken Salad Recipe
- Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe
- Planning To Sell Your Home Soon? Here Are The Important Steps You Need To Do First - April 22, 2021
- How To Get Back On Track After Suffering From An Injury - April 22, 2021
- Mistakes to Avoid When Waterproofing Your Basement - April 22, 2021