If you’re a cilantro addict like me, you are so going to love the refreshing combinations of beans, peppers, and cilantro! I actually don’t usually cook with beans, but it’s a simple way to make an easy lunch or a fun side dish. Top with green onions and flavorful corn for a delicious southwest inspired salad that is perfect for summer entertaining or snacking.
You might have most or all of these ingredients in your pantry, so it’s a simple way to whip up a cool and refreshing seasonal salad. I would make double of this recipe so that I could leftovers later in the week.
I love tomatoes most of all, so I would add a few extras in my salad. 😉 I also think this can be a fun way to jazz up nachos too. If you need a simple appetizer, consider creating this salad and pairing it with your favorite tortillas!
For the Bean Salad:
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans. drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
- *You could also add corn if you wish.
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad and mix well.
- Prepare the dressing. Add the ingredients together.
- Toss the salad to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 527mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 19gSugar: 8gProtein: 21g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Quick and Delicious Clean Eating Recipes:
- A Beginner’s Guide To Urban Gardening: How To Find The Top Equipment - September 15, 2021
- 7 Hacks To Enjoy A Luxurious Vacation In Miami - September 15, 2021
- Figuring Out What Your Loved Ones Really Want For Christmas - September 14, 2021