There is nothing more satisfying than using a fresh and clean planner for the new year. There are two times a year when you can refresh your planner with a new one, and the academic year planner is my personal favorite. I choose to switch planners for August even though I’m no longer a student. Why? I like to have my son’s academic calendar in one place! To set up your new academic planner, here are a few printables that you can use to get organized. Learn how to set yourself up for success with these tips for getting it all done.
How to Set Up Your Planner
- Get fresh new pens. Bonus points if they are erasable! I recently discovered Pilot FriXion ColorSticks & Erasable Marker Pens at Target, and the vibrant colors make it EASY to color code and fix planner mistakes. These pens use unique thermos-sensitive gel ink formula that disappears with erasing friction.
Once you’re stocked up on colorful pens, you will find that they are SO easy to write with. The ink is smooth and erases easily. You’re ready to continue getting your planner set up for the new academic year.
- Create a color code. FriXion ColorSticks & Erasable Marker Pens offer colors in every shade of the rainbow. Use green to mark pay dates, pink to write your own personal appointments, yellow for doctor’s appointments, or any other combination that you can think of.
- Keep your planner in the same place every day. While I like my planner to be with me on the go, I have to store my planner in the same place each day so that I remember to USE it. The best planner is one that you use, right?! You don’t need anything fancy.
- Add in important dates. No need to worry about mistakes or changes to appointments since you can erase and try again. Write in holidays, school events, bill due dates, and track your meal planning in your new planner.
- Gather your supplies. Use this printable below to add a few new office supplies to your arsenal. This will make planning more fun! Think stickers, adhesive notes, paper clips to mark special pages in your planner, and washi tape to add additional color to your day.
Set up your new planner with this checklist.
Need a little more help this school year? Set up a new morning routine while you are planning your ideal day. Print this Morning Routine Printable out and include it in the front pocket of your planner! Reference it often to stay organized!
How do you get organized for the new school year? Try these tips to learn How to Organize Your Business and Life. If you have a bullet journal, try these Bullet Journal Collection Ideas.
- The Ideal Options For Stress Relief And Getting Rid Of Anxiety - December 5, 2021
- Unique DIY Gift Ideas To Leave Your Boyfriend Speechless This Christmas - December 3, 2021
- 6 Meaningful Gift Ideas To Surprise Someone You Love With - December 3, 2021